The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

Just now, markavfc40 said:

What he said was pretty much factually correct. There was certainly nothing un-clever or stupid about it.

Well it wasn't was it, but it doesn't matter. Many European governments are struggling with the immigration issue, many of them accept and deport many more people than the UK, but that is not the point, it is a complex issue and will not be sorted out by an ex-footballer presenter in 240 characters on social media. It should have been ignored.

It does seem like completely ignoring it would probably have been in the interests of both the government and their BBC sockpuppets rather than making a huge story about it that drags on for days and gets everyone talking about what he said. The Streisand effect strikes again.

• Like 2

Let’s see how principled Alex Scott is. Yes, she liked Wright’s tweet. Not put anything out herself though has she. They’ve been massive for her broadcasting career - making her a cross over presenter into entertainment too. As the fella says “ might have her by the short and curly’s “ here. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Let’s see how principled Alex Scott is. Yes, she liked Wright’s tweet. Not put anything out herself though has she. They’ve been massive for her broadcasting career - making her a cross over presenter into entertainment too. As the fella says “ might have her by the short and curly’s “ here. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Well it wasn't was it, but it doesn't matter. .

Explain to me what wasn't? and also what you implied was un-clever and stupid about it.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Grauniad naughtily jumping to conclusions maybe and getting their hemp knickers in a twist.

The Guardian really needs to stop this kind of rubbish. I find it harder and harder to take them seriously.

• Like 2

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

The Guardian really needs to stop this kind of rubbish. I find it harder and harder to take them seriously.

Though they're far more aligned to my views than the other wing of the media, it's wise to keep in mind that the media of all flavours like to play the culture war game.

There's not a single news source I trust to actually tell me the truth these days

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Explain to me what wasn't? and also what you implied was un-clever and stupid about it.

Do I have to? We may not like a political party and the decisions they make, but to infer that they are the same as Nazi's is clearly a stupid thing to say, and incorrect. There is no doubt that immigration is a problem for the West, and has to be addressed, but as I've said it's causes and solutions are very complex, certainly too complex to be covered by Twitter. Maybe he should have tried not to be so inflammatory and said that he disagreed strongly with the Governments policy.

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Though they're far more aligned to my views than the other wing of the media, it's wise to keep in mind that the media of all flavours like to play the culture war game.

There's not a single news source I trust to actually tell me the truth these days

It annoys me that they a behind a paywall but the Financial Times seems to be pretty balanced.

I do wish there was a mainstream paper that just reported news factually without any kind of political spin. The Independent sort of used to be that but not any more. And I used to believe the BBC was (to a reasonable degree anyway) but certainly not in the last decade or so. 

• Like 1

Â