Racism Part two

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I jumped to that conclusion, but it might be unfair. It's not the easiest task to keep an eye on what your kids are up to on the internet. His parents might be scum that raised him like this, or he could be a kid who's acting up despite having a decent upbringing. We just don't know.

The worst often have had good upbringings and usually come as a major shock to their parents who do not understand what they have done wrong 

I do find it slightly frustrating that the police tweeted Zaha back and had arrested someone more quickly than they bothered to send someone around to my parents when they were burgled.

It's right it was followed up, but it does seem that people being mean on the internet gets a disproportionate response, especially if someone famous is involved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

The worst often have had good upbringings and usually come as a major shock to their parents who do not understand what they have done wrong 

Its often the case. There was the video of the guy bullying an autistic kid recently and the mum turned him on and was posting on social media how devestated she was. 

It obviously can be the parents but with free access to the Internet kids can get into all sorts of shitty rabbit holes being left to do their own thing. 

• Like 1

Just realised I have been eating rice with 'racist' overtures for the last God knows how many years. Uncle Bens rice has a picture of a black man on the packet........

Getting silly now, don't you think.....

Regards,

VLD.

14 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Just realised I have been eating rice with 'racist' overtures for the last God knows how many years. Uncle Bens rice has a picture of a black man on the packet........

Regards,

VLD.

You still angry about the jam golly?

Not the same but similar when Birdseye got the makeover due to his noncest overtones and now gender aware becoming a woman 

Edited by Follyfoot

46 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Regards,

VLD.

I very much doubt you even eat rice

19 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Not the same but similar when Birdseye got the makeover due to his noncest overtones and now gender aware becoming a woman 

Are you saying women can't be nonces?

:trollface:

So pretty sure that the kid went to the school I work at. I remember him vaguely but never taught him. 

Horrendous messages but writing a kid off at 12 is going to do nothing but ensure that he's a horrible member of society when he becomes an adult. 

People are tweeting his secondary school to expel him. He needs to be dealt with by the police and educated properly. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So pretty sure that the kid went to the school I work at. I remember him vaguely but never taught him. 

Horrendous messages but writing a kid off at 12 is going to do nothing but ensure that he's a horrible member of society when he becomes an adult. 

People are tweeting his secondary school to expel him. He needs to be dealt with by the police and educated properly. 

Yeh he’s f**ked up but he’s just a kid. He’ll hopefully understand how bad his actions were and learn from it. It’s probably not going to be safe for him until things calm down though.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Lifetime ban from the club I'm not against as that might teach him a lesson. A 12 year old being publicly named and dragged on twitter makes me really uncomfortable.

With someone that age I think it would be great to sit them down with some Villa players to help them understand but it's whether it's justified giving up the time to do it. 

• Like 2

This is similar to a situation in AFL here in Oz, there is a documentary about it too. Aboriginal player Adam Goodes pointed a fan being racist in the crowd during a match, it turned out to be a 13 year old girl. The fallout was mind blowing, all opposition crowds booed him for the rest of the season.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

15 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

A 12 year old being publicly named and dragged on twitter makes me really uncomfortable.

Agree to an extent but Zaha wasn’t to know it was a 12 year old and he was 100% right to publicise the awful messages he had been sent. The child in question will have been taught in primary school about online safety and digital footprint etc - and was old enough to know what he was doing by logging into Instagram (having set up an account despite being too young for the site) and sending such despicable messages to Zaha. 

5 minutes ago, chappy said:

Agree to an extent but Zaha wasn’t to know it was a 12 year old and he was 100% right to publicise the awful messages he had been sent. The child in question will have been taught in primary school about online safety and digital footprint etc - and was old enough to know what he was doing by logging into Instagram (having set up an account despite being too young for the site) and sending such despicable messages to Zaha. 

Oh don't get me wrong, I have no issue with Zaha posting it publicly. I think he's quite right to show people what some people face on a daily basis. The kid obviously **** up badly.

My issue is with people thinking they're taking a morally superior position by laying into a child on social media.

I don't care what anyone says, none of us grew up in the world these kids have where it's so easy to post something online and it **** you up forever. At 12 I would obviously have known what he did was wrong and wouldn't have done it myself, however I wont pretend for a second I wouldn't have said some pretty horrible shit several years past his age thinking it's funny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

If I'd been sending racist abuse and threats to anyone, let alone a prominent celebrity while I was at school, I'd have been expelled immediately and I imagine most schools are the same.

Â