Racism Part two

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve since found out his name is ‘Fred the Flour Grader‘ 

Soon to be in exile in Brazil building the new third Reich with the Pillsbury Doughboy

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Clearly a man of wealth with his dapper suit and bowler hat.

Mr Benn, kitted out in the same garb, was merely a (probably overworked and definitely frustrated) underling at a high street bank.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Mr Benn, kitted out in the same garb, was merely a (probably overworked and definitely frustrated) underling at a high street bank.

I know the feeling ;) 

Also this...

340?cb=20140217210239

• Like 1

Through their marketing they upgraded uncle Ben to the chairman of the company back in 2007 ... guess 13 years later society has decided that didn’t go far enough and the brand is changing again ... no biggie brands evolve all the time without eroding anyone’s rights , chances are most people won’t even realise 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Through their marketing they upgraded uncle Ben to the chairman of the company back in 2007 ... guess 13 years later society has decided that didn’t go far enough and the brand is changing again ... no biggie brands evolve all the time without eroding anyone’s rights , chances are most people won’t even realise 

You realise it's the rice company themselves that have made the decision, for the right reasons...

See also Washingtons Touch Rugby team who play in burgundy and yellow, who decided to change their name

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Are you serious? I think this is a bit unnecessary.

It could definitely be construed as a bit offensive and outdated. The company has acknowledged it's a bit problematic, and are changing it. A boycott over something like this is a bit over the top, IMO. 

It's a bit inappropriate, it's right they update it, but there's no malice there. You should not buy it because it's shit rice, not because of the name. ;) 

OK, agree, it is shit rice

Just saw the Zaha tweets that he posted, no way a 12 year old kid knows about the KKK and the other shit that was posted. Its definitely an adult throwing a kid under the bus

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Correct, some kids have not got a clue but grow up to be fine upstanding citizens, throwing 12 year old off a cliff is not the way to go about it. We need to be very careful as a society if that is the path some want to go down

What do you actually think is going to happen to him though to justify this fear you have? I know throwing him off a cliff is a metaphor, but I imagine he'll have a few words and that's it. He deserves it too, but we all understand that, right?

Just because we heard about it in the news doesn't make it a sign of a dark decent into extreme reactions against twelve year old idiots. 

4 hours ago, bickster said:

You realise it's the rice company themselves that have made the decision, for the right reasons...

See also Washingtons Touch Rugby team who play in burgundy and yellow, who decided to change their name

Well yes that’s why I wrote what I wrote .. you seem to be reading a different post when answering mine 

edit - actually I guess tI didn’t quite make it clear that the rice company were  behind the latest change , just the earlier one , but I’d have thought it was obvious enough .

Edited by tonyh29

The Redskins name change has been a long time coming, it's taken this wave to finally make it happen but its been on the table for years

What the teams owner said in 1972 when he was requested to change the name 

“This is getting silly,” Williams said, according to the Washington Evening Star. “Suppose blacks get together and demanded Cleveland’s football team stopped calling itself the Browns, or ornithologists insisted that Baltimore was demeaning to birds because the name is the Orioles.”[\quote] 

Sounds a nice guy

8 hours ago, Rolta said:

What do you actually think is going to happen to him though to justify this fear you have? I know throwing him off a cliff is a metaphor, but I imagine he'll have a few words and that's it. He deserves it too, but we all understand that, right?

Just because we heard about it in the news doesn't make it a sign of a dark decent into extreme reactions against twelve year old idiots. 

When I first reported this I said the perpetrator should get the appropriate punishment, I find it odd that you suggest that I may not understand some action needs to be taken ??

People have commented regarding naming and shaming him on social media and much worse, Also if you look  it is suggested In just a couple of posts above this that they suspect it was an adult who made the comment, to quote ‘trying to throw a kid under a bus‘ .

All I’ve said is I hope that that does not happen, especially at a time when the subject matter is very much in the news on a day-to-day basis and so sensitive that it could provoke perceivably lead to the wrong course of a action when dealing with it

Edited by Follyfoot

Just now, Follyfoot said:

When I first reported this I said the perpetrator should get the appropriate punishment, I find it odd that you suggest that I may not understand some action needs to be taken ??

People have commented regarding naming and shaming him on social media and much worse, Also if you look  it is suggested In just a couple of posts above this that they suspect it was an adult who made the comment, to quote ‘trying to throw a kid under a bus‘ .

All I’ve said is I hope that that does not happen, especially at a time when the subject matter is very much in the news on a day-to-day basis and so sensitive that it could provoke perceivably lead to the wrong course of a action in dealing with the matter

The first part of my post was a genuine question. I agree, a 12 year old does not need public shaming. Of course not. Surely nobody suggested that. If they did—yeah they are dicks.

8 minutes ago, Rolta said:

The first part of my post was a genuine question. I agree, a 12 year old does not need public shaming. Of course not. Surely nobody suggested that. If they did—yeah they are dicks.

Sorry, a few pages back on this very thread I said that the person responsible deserves appropriate punishment, why would my opinion have changed?

In addition  it has earlier been  suggested that maybe we have to hang one 12-year-old out to dry as a lesson for others in the future 

12 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Sorry, a few pages back on this very thread I said that the person responsible deserves appropriate punishment, why would my opinion have changed?

In addition  it has earlier been  suggested that maybe we have to hang one 12-year-old out to dry as a lesson for others in the future 

I didn't see that. I was only reacting to the sentence 'We need to be very careful as a society if that is the path some want to go down'.

Edited by Rolta

7 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I didn't see that. I was only reacting to the sentence 'We need to be very careful as a society if that is the path some want to go down'.

Which is exactly right in the context in which I posted it based on previous posts and comments on the thread

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Which is exactly right in the context in which I posted it based on previous posts and comments on the thread

Seems I did the classic message board picking up the fag end of a conversation then. Apologies.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Just saw the Zaha tweets that he posted, no way a 12 year old kid knows about the KKK and the other shit that was posted. Its definitely an adult throwing a kid under the bus

This is a bit of a weird take. I don't get why a 12 year old knowing about the KKK is inconceivable. I remember we watched Mississippi Burning in school when I was 12 or 13.

It only takes a place like 4chan being where they find their 'friends' and I'm sure they'd learn about much worse shit.

Â