Racism Part two

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

This is a bit of a weird take. I don't get why a 12 year old knowing about the KKK is inconceivable. I remember we watched Mississippi Burning in school when I was 12 or 13.

It only takes a place like 4chan being where they find their 'friends' and I'm sure they'd learn about much worse shit.

Maybe they would know about the name but I don't think would know what they did. KKK are also a bit phased out by the media when they talk about modern racist groups and figures

For me it just seems the words of an adult even from the texts that were sent. Suppose police will be able to tell soon 

The statue of slave trader Edward Colston was replaced in Bristol on Wednesday morning – with a sculpture of one of the protesters whose anger brought him down.

The figure of Jen Reid, who was photographed standing on the plinth with her fist raised after the 17th century merchant was toppled by Black Lives Matter demonstrators last month, was erected at dawn by a team directed by the artist Marc Quinn.

Arriving in two lorries before 5am, a team of 10 people worked quickly to install the figure of Reid, who said she had been secretly working with Quinn on the idea for weeks. It came as a complete surprise to the authorities, who are yet to announce their plans for the location.

BLM protester Jen Reid stands in front of a statue of her, installed at the site previously occupied by slave trader Edward Colston in Bristol.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/15/edward-colston-statue-replaced-by-sculpture-of-black-lives-matter-protester

I agree. Very much so. A bit of lager and a bit of sun and before you know it our gammon faced, upturned collar, stone island brethren will be along for a protest to remove it. 

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I agree. Very much so. A bit of lager and a bit of sun and before you know it our gammon faced, upturned collar, stone island brethren will be along for a protest to remove it. 

Let them, they'll look like exactly what they are. Racists

• Like 1

I guess the ultimate irony will be loads of activists turning up to defend the statue from football fans :)

that said , It was a few individuals who took the criminal action to bring down Colston, and one individual who seems to have decided to replace it with his work  , whilst its a powerful bit of publicity for the artist , its not really how a democracy should work  ... if the public want it to stay then great but I fear they've just created a huge target for the racists  by doing this

NICK CANNON DROPPED BY VIACOM After Anti-Semitic Remarks

Nick Cannon's under fire for comments he made about melanin, white people and why they became "savages" long, long ago -- and some are even calling him a "black supremacist."

"The Masked Singer" host has recently been accused of spewing anti-Semitism on his podcast, "Cannon's Class," but now it's this brief clip from his June 30 episode with Professor Griff -- formerly of Public Enemy -- that has people riled up.

Nick said that the power of melanin -- or lack thereof -- made white people "a little less" than darker-skinned people ... and claims this deficiency leads to fear.

He was speaking anthropologically -- meaning the very first white people in modern-day Europe -- but went on to say white people's fear made them lack compassion and ultimately ... become evil.

Nick then referred to these white people of the past as "savages," "barbaric" and added ... "They're the ones that are actually closer to animals, they're the ones that are actually the true savages."

Now, some people are calling him out for the remarks, including black British rapper Zuby, who tweeted, "Nick Cannon has gone full black supremacist. This is 100% certified racist."

Cannon's controversy comes on the heels of allegations of being an anti-Semite and spreading anti-Jewish theories on his podcast ... so rough week so fa

2 PM PT -- Nick Cannon has been dropped by ViacomCBS after he made anti-Semitic comments on his podcast.

The announcement came Tuesday afternoon, amidst a downpour of outrage and backlash toward the 'Wild n' Out' star after he made very controversial claims on his podcast that many considered deeply troubling and downright hateful.

Turns out, Viacom agreed. They severed ties on Tuesday, stating, “ViacomCBS condemns bigotry of any kind and we categorically denounce all forms of anti-Semitism."

"We have spoken with Nick Cannon about an episode of his podcast ‘Cannon’s Class’ on YouTube, which promoted hateful speech and spread anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. While we support ongoing education and dialogue in the fight against bigotry, we are deeply troubled that Nick has failed to acknowledge or apologize for perpetuating anti-Semitism, and we are terminating our relationship with him."

In the same podcast in which Nick suggested white people were "a little less" than darker-skinned people, he also stated, "You can’t be anti-Semitic when we are the Semitic people.”

He went on “When we are the same people who they want to be. That’s our birthright. We are the true Hebrews.”

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/14/nick-cannon-accused-black-supremacist-white-people-animals-savages/

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I guess the ultimate irony will be loads of activists turning up to defend the statue from football fans :)

that said , It was a few individuals who took the criminal action to bring down Colston, and one individual who seems to have decided to replace it with his work  , whilst its a powerful bit of publicity for the artist , its not really how a democracy should work  ... if the public want it to stay then great but I fear they've just created a huge target for the racists  by doing this

As Bicks said, let them.

Tearing down a statue erected to commemorate the BLM movement that took down the original statue is not a good look. It will just show them up to be the massive racists that they are.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

don't forget the gear

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I need to check on this but in the back of my head Proff Griff was dropped from Public Enemy in the early 90s for anti semitic comments. Will edit this accordingly. 

Homophobic and anti-semitic according Wiki

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

It’s actually football lads, which makes their fight about discrimination even funnier.

DAB3-E656-16-F8-4346-B4-A1-4336515-FCCE6

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

its not really how a democracy should work  ...

Serious Question: Do you imagine that it was a democratic decision to put a statue of Colston up in the first place?

That is rarely how it works

Claude has been kicked off AFTV after he said "DVD is coming off" when son was substituted

I didn't even know DVD was a thing, had to check it to make sure 

I dont know much about the bloke so not qualified to say he's a racist but I think that demonstrates how he snide derogatory stuff sneaks in, maybe in attempts at humour, he's in a room with 3 black guys casually throwing out racist comments, that's how ingrained it is 

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Serious Question: Do you imagine that it was a democratic decision to put a statue of Colston up in the first place?

That is rarely how it works

I would have thought to some degree that was exactly how it worked. Even says on wiki it was erected from public fundraising. 

I fully understand why there's an anger about a statue linked to slavery, but there's a discussion to be had about removing parts of history, listed structures etc.  cause you don't like it. 

At what point isn't it okey anymore? Goes without saying times were different back then. In Oslo radicals even want to remove Churchill statue. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I would have thought to some degree that was exactly how it worked. Even says on wiki it was erected from public fundraising. 

What does that have to do with democracy?

Some people paid for a statue to be erected. How much of that public fundraising was donations from the many Colston trusts?

Â