Racism Part two

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

There are tactful ways of being contrary. If you are skilful at it you can hold a minority opinion and have people respect it, it does take a bit of diplomacy with the delivery though.

why did @tonyh29 spring to mind when reading this? 

Someone should help him with the delivery. :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

But he didn't say that in what you quoted. 

What was said ignoring the F1 bit was 'Refreshing to see in our do as I do / pc /thought police world.....'

Which is fair enough. It's even a relevant point to it. Social movements for change like BLM or MeToo will always take the moral highway and ridicule anyone thinking the cause is slightly bigger than some gimmicky hashtag, bumpersticker or footing/taking a knee. Anyone that offers reasons as to why maybe there's better ways to go about it will be hit with a tornado of suppression techniques. Which is largely how society determine what's right and wrong. Individual thinking goes out the window and people are scared shitless of being different than the rest. 

Now, personally, I think taking a knee would be a very simple sacrifice to me, so if it ment a lot to others so be it. But the idea we can't discuss symbolics and ways of doing stuff, that grinds me the wrong way. 

Fwiw I thought the #metoo movement in Norway was beyond stupid. But I simply couldn't say that at my work cause among this PC environment (that shouts the loudest) I'd be ostracized.

Spot on Ken.....

VLD.

6 hours ago, Graham t said:

Do you mind if I  respectfully enquire how old you are?

VLD

I don't mind if you ask.

As it has the best part of nothing to do with the point I made in the post to which you were responding, I shan't answer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

why did @tonyh29 spring to mind when reading this? 

Someone should help him with the delivery. :P 

The Simpsons Hello GIF

it's not just about the delivery , it's also about the 

• Haha 1

Would it be fair to conclude that this woman is talking about blacks rather than Asians at grass roots level ? As I pass quite a few club cricket grounds on a Sunday, a quick glance reveals at least 50% of the players are Asian. The results published in our local freesheet is also littered with Asian names. I talked about the decline in West Indian cricket with a black woman I used to work with and she believed that West Indian youth were more interested in football or American sports . 

31 minutes ago, veloman said:

Would it be fair to conclude that this woman is talking about blacks rather than Asians at grass roots level ? As I pass quite a few club cricket grounds on a Sunday, a quick glance reveals at least 50% of the players are Asian. The results published in our local freesheet is also littered with Asian names. I talked about the decline in West Indian cricket with a black woman I used to work with and she believed that West Indian youth were more interested in football or American sports . 

In Ebony's case yes as she is from inner London where there is a large black community.  One thing I'd say is there are very few white professional cricketers from London too as there aren't many playing fields for the number of people.  While there is a big Asian community that plays recreationally it hasn't really been reflected at county level to the same degree for one reason or another. 

Zaha has received horrible abuse from one of us allegedly on Instagram. Aside from the absolutely unacceptable actions It’s the last thing on earth anyone would want to do to fire him and his team up with the position we are in. I hope they find the individual and deal with him appropriately

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Honest if that was me at 12 years old there isn't nothing the police could do compared to what my mom would do... She'd kick the **** out of me

HIS mom was probably helping him with the spelling

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I’ve had the misfortune to read the message he sent and it’s disgusting and shameful. 

Deserves everything he gets, regardless of his age.

12 years old? He’s just a kid. He needs some guidance from a parental figure, not a criminal record. 

• Like 3

Nobody should be written off at 12. I might be wrong, but I suspect he comes from a home where that kind of language is common, in which case the poor bastard didn't have much of a chance. Hopefully this scares the shit out of him and he learns his lesson.

I'm very grateful we didn't have social media when I was that age, because I was a right little word removed.

Edited by Davkaus

11 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

12 years old? He’s just a kid. He needs some guidance from a parental figure, not a criminal record. 

Fair point and you are probably right that he needs counselling etc and that would the better option..

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Something tells me the parental figure is probably where he's gone wrong... 

I jumped to that conclusion, but it might be unfair. It's not the easiest task to keep an eye on what your kids are up to on the internet. His parents might be scum that raised him like this, or he could be a kid who's acting up despite having a decent upbringing. We just don't know.

Â