Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

Good luck Freddie.  Always had a soft spot for him after being spotted sitting amongst the fans at Wembley for the play of final despite not officially being a Villa player yet.

As others have said, he was never signed to play in the PL so no surprise he's never really made it here.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

I wish him all the best. I always felt he could have offered us something if given more of a chance, but I guess he just wasn’t good enough to keep up with our aims of getting up the table. He’d have been quality in the championship no doubt. 

Good luck Fred!

So the mutual agreement ... im guessing we probably paid off his contact, but received a fee from Strasbourg that covered them, or at least mostly covered them and we paid him whatever fee they were willing to pay in place of his contract.

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

Nice post from him (or his PR).

We've mutually agreed to pay up every cent of his deal and he's reluctantly accepted.

It's almost as if paying people double what they are worth and putting them in the bomb squad doesn't work.

Sorry to interrupt all the "good luck Freddie" messages but I can't be the only one thinking we've basically just thrown millions of pounds down the drain and made this guy even richer for the total return of f*** all?

What an incredible waste of money. 

16 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Sorry to interrupt all the "good luck Freddie" messages but I can't be the only one thinking we've basically just thrown millions of pounds down the drain and made this guy even richer for the total return of f*** all?

And how is that his fault?

34 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Didn’t he make 25 apps in the season we just stayed up. With a few very crucial performances as well? 

Probably worth £4.2m alone. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

£1.2m per fist pump.

Better value than another fist pump hero Alan Hutton.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Doesn't meant we can't wish him luck 

Didn't say we can't. Why do you keep misrepresenting what I am saying? I made the point that amongst the good luck messages there seemed to be a lack of concern about the amount of money wasted on this particular transfer.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Didn't say we can't. Why do you keep misrepresenting what I am saying? I made the point that amongst the good luck messages there seemed to be a lack of concern about the amount of money wasted on this particular transfer.

The way you wrote it made it seem that way 👍

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

just thrown millions of pounds down the drain and made this guy even richer for the total return of f*** all?

You’ve just described football in a nutshell, my friend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

It's not. I didn't say it was. It's just a terrible waste of money.

We were mid table in the Championship when we purchased him for the following season and I genuinely think everyone, including the management, expected us to start the following season there. We got promoted and that was that! He did ok in the first season and afterwards was not good enough. 

His salary did seem high though. Must have had a promotion bump!

• Like 1

Â