Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

4 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Goodbye Freddie. I will miss your passive aggressive social media posts about lack of game time, despite being far inferior to our other options.

Player comes and takes the money and doesnt play = mercenary

Player wants to play but not given a chance = spoiled brat

Almost like players cant win

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Player comes and takes the money and doesnt play = mercenary

Player wants to play but not given a chance = spoiled brat

Almost like players cant win

I do feel a bit sorry for him. He was signed with a view to playing in the championship when he joined, it was only that incredible 10 game run that put pay to that plan. 

He's wanted to go for ages but if someone is going to offer you Prem money you aren't going to throw that away without a pay off.

He played in a team that just wanted to bomb the full backs forward were a defensive mess. I'd have liked to have seen him in a more solid team but it wasn't to be. Can't fault his effort from when I have seen him play, good luck to him he did well in France.

On 25/08/2021 at 06:30, Pissflaps said:

I actually have some genuine ITK on this. But I won't share until he leaves, as it's only fair.

Spill! Spill!

Spoiler

I have no idea if you already did in the last 50 pages... 😬

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Spill! Spill!

Hide contents

I have no idea if you already did in the last 50 pages... 😬

He had a punch up with someone high up at the club, so his card was marked from then on basically. 

He felt very harshly treated and lashed out basically. 

By all accounts a really nice guy though.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

He had a punch up with someone high up at the club, so his card was marked from then on basically. 

I always suspected there was more to this than footballing reasons. He was, at worst, decent cover but also showed flashes of real potential... knew something had gone on behind the scenes.

"High up" mean management or players? Because it's pretty unusual not to get a load of public Instagram 'good luck' messages from other players.

I assumed he'd tried it on with another player's partner or something such was the blacklist regardless of management team. 

3 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I always suspected there was more to this than footballing reasons. He was, at worst, decent cover but also showed flashes of real potential... knew something had gone on behind the scenes.

"High up" mean management or players? Because it's pretty unusual not to get a load of public Instagram 'good luck' messages from other players.

I assumed he'd tried it on with another player's partner or something such was the blacklist regardless of management team. 

Manager

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Would have thought once they'd gone (assuming SG as opposed to DS), he'd be back involved.

Ah well, we move on!

Why assume that, I’d say it’s just as likely to be smith as he never played again under him 

2 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Manager

yikes.

That must have been a real rush of blood to the head for that to happen.

i am assuming it was Deano, and i cant imagine Deano standing for that, Smith seems soft in a lot of ways, but also very principled, and not likely to forgive that kind of event (who knows tho - im totally guessing).

36 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Surely you can cancel someone's contract for that?

Anyone outside the football side of things and you would. Especially if you didn't want the player any more.

or you make him play with the kids for a few years...

EDIT: that does not read well at all 😂

Edited by Anything11
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why assume that, I’d say it’s just as likely to be smith as he never played again under him 

His last game for Villa was last season under Smith though

Makes no sense the Gerrard exile though. The way he was treated was so shabby since he returned from his loan

Â