Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d say he’s become our best defender again and showing what a top player he is. To think not long ago fans were seeing he needs to be replaced!

Yeh, he's ace. He embodies the culture of the club with his attitude, hard work and leadership.
Yes, he'll make a few mistakes that will cost us goals but so does Maguire and he's lauded as Englands best centre half...

He's one of the first names on the teamsheet and will be next season too. 

• Like 3

So pleased he delivered this performance, especially given the context of how he got played in the opposite fixture.

Assuming Bamford tried his usual filthy antics, it was great to see Mings didn't react to it or give him opportunity to display them. Dirty Leeds almost caught out Ollie, but thankfully calm Ollie got back to his usual professional game and normal service resumed.

Was getting worried earlier this season, but Mings has definitely stepped up in recent games (not so much against Leicester, but they were a quality team) and looks to have sorted his head out. Part of our best defence in years, possibly decades, and if he can keep his big mistake rate below the once per game it was getting closer to,  I'll be a happy man.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

That challenge on Neto was effing beautiful.

Got the ball got the man got thr throw

Beautiful 

Best thing was you knew as soon as you saw him motion towards the ball that he was taking everything, fair play to neto he went for it too full bloodied and I think got straight back up no moaning 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Got the ball got the man got thr throw

Beautiful 

Best thing was you knew as soon as you saw him motion towards the ball that he was taking everything, fair play to neto he went for it too full bloodied and I think got straight back up no moaning 

Best part is I dont think it was even our throw :D 

15 hours ago, lexicon said:

That challenge on Neto was effing beautiful.

Best thing about this was Neto kicked the ball away everytime he went near Mings after that. It's like he thought Eff this. 

On a side note I'd like to see him play his passes into midfield again. Seems to be playing the long ball more than usual for him.

• Like 1

He was brilliant again last night, but have we lost something since he's become a bit more conservative on the ball? We're finding it very difficult to play through teams and we seemed to do that better in the early half of the season with Mings playing ball a bit more.

I know it's a balancing act - playing out from the back/not presenting the opposition with opporutinities - but it just seems that way to me. It might be of course that teams have figured us out and this is limiting his passing options and therefore he is having to go long.

• Like 3

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

He was brilliant again last night, but have we lost something since he's become a bit more conservative on the ball? We're finding it very difficult to play through teams and we seemed to do that better in the early half of the season with Mings playing ball a bit more.

I know it's a balancing act - playing out from the back/not presenting the opposition with opporutinities - but it just seems that way to me. It might be of course that teams have figured us out and this is limiting his passing options and therefore he is having to go long.

I think with Sanson coming in especially on his side he might start pinging it into him more. Sanson showed for the ball a lot yesterday. Sanson actually got vexed a couple of times when it was sent over his head.

• Like 1

Â