Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

You’re talking as if “Rodri” would be the only player on the pitch though - someone else would close Mings down if he just stood there. “Rodri” couldn’t do so as he gained positional advantage by being offside.

As with deliberate handballs, I think it’s actually pretty easy to implement an offside rule properly. Unfortunately, they’ve just royally **** both rules up. 

Yeah. It’s hypothetical to make a point. 

On 22/01/2021 at 18:33, blandy said:

Then you get into a completely unintended thing - defender hit by a shot, or whatever - advantage to attacker. Defender messes up their control - no advantage to attacker - that seems in some sense the wrong way round. Either you say any touch of any sort by a defender renders the attacker no longer offside (as the ref basically did on wednesday) or you say a touch by a defender does not render the attacker no longer offside, until the defender has the ball under full control and has had the chance to progress play...

The thing is pete, he has history with controversial decisions, with us....if he had given off side, no one would have blinked and eye lid.

We could argue the semantics all day and still be none the wiser......I think most sensible discerning football fans, think morally its wrong to allow that goal......much like Biesla too who took the law in to his own hands and did what he thought was right.

Jon Moss is a ***** just as Deano described in his fury.

He had a leaning towards that decision, whether he was fully aware of the rules or not.....funny how so many Refs were nebulous on the subject.

You could play about with Law 11 in the supreme court and still end up with controvesy.....Its not in the spirit of the game what ever the FA officials try to cover their arse with, the rule is an ass and it opens up to all sorts of misuse.

Its times like this that Humilty is the best policy.....but the FA have missed the boat.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, TRO said:

The thing is pete, he has history with controversial decisions, with us....if he had given off side, no one would have blinked and eye lid.

Yeah. Though I think you let the Lino off his share of the blame - he should have flagged it to the ref. It's what he's there for.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the meltdown here in two hours time after the ref has incorrectly awarded a dropball against us, and the resulting passage of play sees the ball bounce up off a cabbage that's rolled onto the pitch a la Defoe's beachball goal, hit Mings in the back of the head, and fly pass Emi into the top corner.

"Should have just headed it away...in the other direction!"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

To be honest our first goal tonight looked offside to me but the VAR lines were never brought out. Could they have been trying to even one up for us?

They just said the rule that let the Man City goal stand just worked for us.

Schar intercepting meant Watkins they stayed onside.

Ridiculous.

On topic, another good game from Mings so far 

Everyone game Mings has these screw ups in him, made at least three tonight where if Konsa wasnt there could of spelt trouble for us.

He needs to stop it.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Everyone game Mings has these screw ups in him, made at least three tonight where if Konsa wasnt there could of spelt trouble for us.

He needs to stop it.

Konsa made the same amount of screw ups.

Mings did well tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Konsa made just as many mistakes as Mings today - they're a partnership and they kept another clean sheet. Get off his arse. 

3 times his runner was in behind him Konsa had to bail him out and Naka. One he lost the ball on the halfway line trying to play triangles and the other was instead of going hard and standing challenge needlessly jumped in almost 2 footed and again over committed.

He is a time bomb.

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Konsa made just as many mistakes as Mings today - they're a partnership and they kept another clean sheet. Get off his arse. 

Firstly am aloud to say what I feel, secondly his arse is is over at the Villa ground, so impossible where I am, to be on it, you have to stop these fantasy of yours 😋.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

3 times his runner was in behind him Konsa had to bail him out and Naka. One he lost the ball on the halfway line trying to play triangles and the other was instead of going hard and standing challenge needlessly jumped in almost 2 footed and again over committed.

He is a time bomb.

And he also returned the favour for konza as well. 

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Firstly am aloud to say what I feel, secondly his arse is is over at the Villa ground, so impossible where I am, to be on it, you have to stop these fantasy of yours 😋.

Who is telling you that you can't say what you feel? It's a forum, people discuss/debate/argue. 

Against a better class opposition like CITY or UTD, Konsa may not of been able to bail him out, we would of paid for Mings cock ups. I am not getting on his case but he does choose silly methods of dealing with balls at times when the obvious choice should be to put his foot through the ball and just clear it.

Â