Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

What so people cant criticise anyone, no person or player is above that if they are making mistakes, that's the ridiculous part about this thread.

Always someone jumping down your throat because there view is different to those who idolise a player, even when that player does make some mistakes.

Thing is Mings cant be always doing it at this level, if it's happening in almost every game hes clearly not learning his lessons. Mings does do alot of defensive work yes but hes not beyond abit of after match analysis and criticism. What's the point of anyone posting at all if all anyone can say is, yes Ming you did great and no Mings no one seen your defensive blunders or we wont talk about it, you played a 100% perfect game we wont say anything all to make some of VillaTalks defenders feel certain players are above approach..

It's like you cant even say anything round here at times unless your tongue is up a players butt.

Where on earth have you read that in what I’ve posted?

Im the first to criticise anyone if I think it’s warranted, scroll back a few pages and you’ll see I thought Tyrone made a mistake for the City game - Much against the consensus.

I have no problem with criticism but there is undeniably a certain section who’ll pounce on anything Mings does.

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes of course it's possible and a win is a win, however Mings would do himself and others he plays with a massive favour if he just stopped the silliness at times. Like I said above, a team like City would of punished us for some of those mistakes he did. Mings did play very well but it's those odd mistakes that do end up costing you a game down the line.

I agree with the first part - Mings does need to cut the silliness out of his game at times. I wasn't impressed by his recent red card, for example. I just didn't really see much to criticise in his performance tonight.

I think the danger with deciding he's too casual all the time is that completely normal mistakes (and all our players made mistakes tonight) then start to look like him being overly casual.

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Where on earth have you read that in what I’ve posted?

Im the first to criticise anyone if I think it’s warranted, scroll back a few pages and you’ll see I thought Tyrone made a mistake for the City game - Much against the consensus.

I have no problem with criticism but there is undeniably a certain section who’ll pounce on anything Mings does.

Agree

The thing with the mings performance tonight is that he didn't do anything that konsa didn't do, good and bad, both were perfectly solid 7 or 8s out of 10

And yet the different threads for each player have very different responses in them 

• Like 1

The only thing I saw that I did not like from Mings today, was that he controlled the ball with his groin right in front of and Martinez and Martinez had to pounce on it. (The ball that is). Plainly Mings should have cleared the ball with his groin. 

• Haha 1

Anyone who tries to claim there's no agenda against him needs to give their head a wobble and read some of the absolute shite that gets posted in this thread.

He was brilliant tonight and everything he's being criticised for tonight were things Konsa* was even more guilty of.

* Who incidentally was also great. Sometimes players give the ball away and that's when their teammates help them out. Cop on.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

He was putting things out of play today - well, he usually does, but wasn’t taking any stupid chances. Good to see. When he does that he steps up his game and becomes a very very good deeender.

Not entirely true. 

There was an odd incident where he simply could have played the ball forward but, instead, lunged at the ball, taking out the man in front of him, and they broke in behind him. 

There was another incident down the left wing where he messed around and the ball broke in behind him. 

I love him, I really do. I mean, the guy will be a prime candidate for Alzheimers (please God don't let it happen) when he's older due to the amount of headed clearances he makes but, he's the one player at the back that I fear having the ball at his feet, just in case he screws it up. But, to be fair, I also appreciate that he's given the ball more because most of our attacks start down the left side so he builds it up. 

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Not entirely true. 

There was an odd incident where he simply could have played the ball forward but, instead, lunged at the ball, taking out the man in front of him, and they broke in behind him. 

There was another incident down the left wing where he messed around and the ball broke in behind him. 

I love him, I really do. I mean, the guy will be a prime candidate for Alzheimers (please God don't let it happen) when he's older due to the amount of headed clearances he makes but, he's the one player at the back that I fear having the ball at his feet, just in case he screws it up. But, to be fair, I also appreciate that he's given the ball more because most of our attacks start down the left side so he builds it up. 

Bit of a brain melt I think as I cannot remember those (not denying it, just honestly can't) but yeah fair enough. From what I remember his game was good - although what you mention sounds bad.

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

To be honest our first goal tonight looked offside to me but the VAR lines were never brought out. Could they have been trying to even one up for us?

they tried their best......Ollie was 10mm offside and Rodri was 10 yards.....yea, they did their best to level it up.

sad cretins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

Bit of a brain melt I think as I cannot remember those (not denying it, just honestly can't) but yeah fair enough. From what I remember his game was good - although what you mention sounds bad.

No mate, please don't get me wrong. I thought he had a great game. Its just that he had a couple of worrying moments that came to nothing. 

As I've said though, most attacks build from him so he sees more of the ball. Also, Konsa is just so error-free that it all adds up to Mings sticking out if he makes an error.

I wouldn't swap him for Maguire and he's a £75m defender, apparently. I love Tyrone. Sometimes, I just wish he'd be a bit more switched on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

Anyone who tries to claim there's no agenda against him needs to give their head a wobble and read some of the absolute shite that gets posted in this thread.

He was brilliant tonight and everything he's being criticised for tonight were things Konsa* was even more guilty of.

* Who incidentally was also great. Sometimes players give the ball away and that's when their teammates help them out. Cop on.

Sorry, but to describe his performance today as “brilliant” is surely to lose balance and perspective?

He is a strong defender, he defends well most of the time, he is clearly a leader, so he earns a lot of positives. 

If only from time to time he didn’t imagine he was Franz or Marcel and fart around with the ball when he just needs to clear it. I’m afraid that tendency has cost us a few goals 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, briny_ear said:

He is a strong defender, he defends well most of the time, he is clearly a leader, so he earns a lot of positives. 

If only from time to time he didn’t imagine he was Franz or Marcel and fart around with the ball when he just needs to clear it. I’m afraid that tendency has cost us a few goals 

I genuinely struggle to remember any mistakes from Mings that directly led to goals, bar the City one, which was an odd incident.
Would you provide examples where Mings made a mistake (farted around with the ball) that cost us a few goals ?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Are you able to provide many examples? 

Â