Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It isn't chewing gum or not least in the normal sense, it is caffeine energy gum. It gives 50mg of energy and is fast working as is absorbed through the gums. Jamie Vardy drinks three red bulls before games as part of his preparation again because of the caffeine.

Caffeine is widely used by players in the PL in various different ways prior to and during matches.

There you go.

I wondered if it might be something like this. Vardy also plays with nicotine patches on doesn't he?

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It isn't chewing gum or not least in the normal sense, it is caffeine energy gum. It gives 50mg of energy and is fast working as is absorbed through the gums. Jamie Vardy drinks three red bulls before games as part of his preparation again because of the caffeine.

Caffeine is widely used by players in the PL in various different ways prior to and during matches.

There you go.

A performing enhancing drug then 😉

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

There you go.

More PEGS than PEDS!

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Supposedly.... ;)

Just like Creatine. Both enhance performance but both are legal/permitted.

Surprised with the amount of caffeine he has he doesn't have a heart attack during the game. 

20 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

This guy joined us when we were midtable in the championship, was arguably our second most influential player in getting us promoted that season. Then he helped keep us up last season and was without a doubt our best defender that season. This season he has again helped us reach a new level, helped us keep the second most clean sheets in the league and has been an absolute tank. Still fans seem to criticize every little mistake he makes, where as others do not receive the same level of criticism.. Did people see how many headers and the vital blocks he had today? 

I think fans that are questioning his "risky" style are missing the point, his risky style helps us keep possession, where most defenders would hoof it, this means that we get to attack instead of defend more. His risky style helps start the majority of our attacks. We would not be as good without his risky style, even if we concede a few goals over the season because of it or a few chances, it is worth it. He has been so passionate about Villa and is without a doubt the leader at the back, constantly talking and directing the other defenders. There is no way Targett would have developed into the player he is today without the support of his left sided partner Mings, who, especially last year,  Mings has bailed Targett out on countless occasions (especially last season). 

Is he perfect, no, but he is an absolute machine who deserves much more respect from the Villa fans. We just always have to have a scapegoat.

P.S Thought I'd leave with this, compared to Konsa, Mings has had more successful passes (the most in our team), more blocks, clearances, areal dual won, recovered balls and has a higher average rating on transfermarkt. He's literally only been dispossessed one more time than Konsa, which is respectable given his style of play. His mistakes are just more visible as he is much more involved and some Villa fans are looking for them. 

Fair comment.

but we have to remember, looking for improvement, is not the same as slagging players off...or wanting them out.

None of our players are or have played badly this season, even the fringe players have improved to be merchantable replacements without fuss.

its great.

I am always happy to see Mings in the line up, despite his well documented errors.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I said it straight after the game, they'd never allow another goal like it. 

And to think, some people couldn't want to come on and hammer mings for it. 

What a load of old bullshit. Ref got it wrong... simple as. We get shafted again.

• Like 2

On 24/01/2021 at 12:24, Phil Silvers said:

Underrated player and is only at 80% of his potential, another season under this coaching team and we will have one of the best CB pairings in Europe. 

Last season we shipped 67 goals, nearly halfway through this we are on for less than 40. Mings is a huge part of our defence 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

What a load of old bullshit. Ref got it wrong... simple as. We get shafted again.

It also quotes "PGMOL remain confident that right call was made at the time but have welcomed the new guidance." 

WALOFS! 

• Like 1

On 21/01/2021 at 18:41, avfc1982am said:

I think even if the rule stated that the offside player couldn't interfere with play until the second opponent has received the ball activating a new phase of play this shit would never have happened. A rule allowing an offending player to then interfere in play before the ball is received by a second player activating a new phase of play is ridiculously  stupid.

Alas common sense prevails in typical English fashion. When the horse has already bolted. Hopefully Ming's feels vindicated somewhat. Can we also have a point back and Dean his 8k FA, you thieving bastards?!

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

And to think, some people couldn't wait to come on and hammer mings for it. 

We should have protested against the goal. As you say Mings wasn't at fault.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

And to think, some people couldn't wait to come on and hammer mings for it. 

I was more annoyed the more excuses they made.:- 

A player may not challenge for the ball from an offside position.

The clause they used :-

A player may receive the ball from an opponent...etc

Should never have come in to it because he makes a challenge for the ball .....and in any case doesn't receive it. Disgraceful how Peter Walton called it correctly and was then leaned on to change his mind.

• Like 2

Â