Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Absolute snakes.

Also, from that article:

However, goals such as that scored by Villa's Ollie Watkins, in which he came from an offside position to seize on an attempted clearance by Newcastle's Fabian Schar earlier this month, would stand as he did 'not impact Schar's ability to play the ball'. 

giphy.gif

I though Tyrone could have done better on a couple of goals tonight. The first one he tried to let the all run out instead of playing it. It backfired and they scored from the corner. 

For the third, he clearly marks Wood only to pass him off to Targett behind him. Wood's the main striker and main goal threat who is also renowned for his aerial prowess. Our 6ft 5ins centre back should not be passing him on. He should have dealt with him. 

In addition to the above, there was also an occasion where he went up to head a ball, misjudged it but, thankfully got away with it despite allowing his man to get goalside of him. 

There are two common traits to when we concede and that's a Mings misjudgement or Cash being caught out or not stopping the cross. Those two players have to be better. 

I just wish he'd sort his positioning out more than anything. Stop leaning all over players 30/40/50 yards from our goal line and stop getting turned. He doesn't need to because has enough pace. He looks so clumsy at times trying to do to much. To the point of leaving himself unbalanced and exposed.

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I though Tyrone could have done better on a couple of goals tonight. The first one he tried to let the all run out instead of playing it. It backfired and they scored from the corner. 

For the third, he clearly marks Wood only to pass him off to Targett behind him. Wood's the main striker and main goal threat who is also renowned for his aerial prowess. Our 6ft 5ins centre back should not be passing him on. He should have dealt with him. 

In addition to the above, there was also an occasion where he went up to head a ball, misjudged it but, thankfully got away with it despite allowing his man to get goalside of him. 

There are two common traits to when we concede and that's a Mings misjudgement or Cash being caught out or not stopping the cross. Those two players have to be better. 

Think you're trying a little too hard to find faults there.

Personally thought he had an ok game against a very tough, physical opponent.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Costs us a goal at least every other game. I really don’t see how people keep defending him. 

I was wondering how long that would take. He shouldn’t have conceded the corner but there was still a corner to defend before we conceded. Combination of Konsa and keeper at fault on the corner. One of them has to be dealing with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was wondering how long that would take. He shouldn’t have conceded the corner but there was still a corner to defend before we conceded. Combination of Konsa and keeper at fault on the corner. One of them has to be dealing with it.

I don’t usually criticise any of them mate but I do think he’s had a hand in quite a number of the goals we’ve shifted this year 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Because Konsa is in no mans land halfway between the 6 and 18 yards box and another Burnley player is running into the box towards the near post, with (Luiz i think) doing a poor job of tracking

Ball goes near post that man has a free header, so Mings makes the split second decision to pass off Wood and try and cover the runner, so at least someone is marking both players.

In hindsight it obviously doesn't work out.

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

So... Wasn't at fault for the goal.

Of course defenders famously never concede corners.... FML

He conceded an avoidable corner, dawdling, which he’s been guilty of on quite a few occasions. They score from the subsequent corner 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

5 minutes ago, andym said:

Because Konsa is in no mans land halfway between the 6 and 18 yards box and another Burnley player is running into the box towards the near post, with (Luiz i think) doing a poor job of tracking

Ball goes near post that man has a free header, so Mings makes the split second decision to pass off Wood and try and cover the runner, so at least someone is marking both players.

In hindsight it obviously doesn't work out.

You're not actually suggesting Konsa has made a mistake, are you? Shame on you mate, shame on you.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

He conceded an avoidable corner, dawdling, which he’s been guilty of on quite a few occasions. They score from the subsequent corner 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Ridiculous to blame him for that, really is.

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Ridiculous to blame him for that, really is.

That’s your opinion mate. I probably wouldn’t have said anything if it was a one off but it isn’t with him. Fact of the matter is a lot of his errors do lead to opposition attacks.

5 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

What was odd is that he clearly had an approach of putting the ball out for a throw when down in the corners under pressure and on that occasion decided not to. The goals not his fault directly but you dont unnecessarily give a team that wants to score through headers a corner for free.

• Like 1

Â