Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I know we paid a hell of a lot of for him but I don't think his "symbolic" value as it were should be underestimated. He's basically come to personify our revival under Smith, much in the same way Lescott for example came to personify our descent into shame. He's a symbol of hope and fighting spirit, and the mere act of signing him is a massive morale booster.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

He’s keeping number 40 he’s confirmed in the comments of this post. 

How nice also to see this.  I doubt there is many players that would turn up for signing a contract with parents and also respecting his Nan.  The guy obviously has close family values, which is great to see.   The more I see and hear of him, the more I like.    Has to be the most important signing of the summer. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mantis said:

I know we paid a hell of a lot of for him but I don't think his "symbolic" value as it were should be underestimated. He's basically come to personify our revival under Smith, much in the same way Lescott for example came to personify our descent into shame. He's a symbol of hope and fighting spirit, and the mere act of signing him is a massive morale booster.

I had to read this mystic post twice, but I find myself fully in agreement. 

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Maybe he's going down the Zamarano route of 1+8=9.

4+0= 4. A proper centre halfs number that.

Ivan Zamerano should have faced criminal prosecution for that stunt. Like I said, I’m a purist. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@Mazrim just mentioned it was a bluenose dig.

Not a fan of even making them significant to insult but it’s pretty subtle to be fair.

Wolves fans also sang it incessantly for 9 months. Possibly still do. 

Football is nothing without it's rivalries. All just a bit of fun. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wolves fans also sang it incessantly for 9 months. Possibly still do. 

Football is nothing without it's rivalries. All just a bit of fun. 

I agree but it never stays fun with them. 

With Wolves and Albion it does to be fair. 

7 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Can’t wait for the England call up later in the season.

NOOOOOO!!! Always a disaster for Villa players. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

NOOOOOO!!! Always a disaster for Villa players. 

To be fair Gareth Barry/James Milner/Ashley Young/Stewart Downing all got called up whilst at Villa.

Ill give you Scott Carson though, and possibly Southgate for that penalty.

With Mings & Grealish we have 2 players knocking at the door for the England team, the rest of the country just doesn’t know it yet.

• Like 1

Delighted it’s sorted. Tyrone was possibly the most vocal player when trying to rally everyone during our rough patch last season.

We’re likely to find ourselves in difficult places this season, so having his kind of character for those moments is a big positive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

That really was a superb way to announce our most important signing of the transfer window!

Welcome back home Tyrone!

He likes us and we like him. He has it in him to become a Villa legend. Love to see him back in the shirt, he's seldom out of it is he?

• Like 2

This lad really wants to play for us, not only that, he seems to really enjoy it and care about it. 

Obviously, he is an excellent player, physically he has everything. He's tall, strong, agile and quick. 

He reads the game well, has good technique and doesn't waste the ball. He's aggressive, keen to improve and has a point to prove. 

He's the John McGinn of central defence. 

• Like 4

Â