Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Just watch his calf ping.

Sickening stuff.

When I did my ACL (saving a family of toddlers from a burning building or maybe it was from skiing, can't remember), I watched this video over and over. Seems reasonable innocuous, but a sickening injury.

I've seen a Newcastle fan has posted a zoomed in video of Ty's immediate reaction to the injury. It's clear he thinks he has done significant damage. Hopefully it's just some meniscus damage, but I think we all know it's not that.

It's just so shit. For me personally I tend to struggle with how gross this sport has gotten at the top level, so outliers like Tyrone in terms of personality and everything else that comes with him are some of the few things that still endear me towards it. It's a killer for the entire season to see that happen to someone like him. A great player but more importantly clearly a great person and he just doesn't deserve something like this considering the impact it could have on the rest of his career. 

Really hoping it isn't as bad as it seems.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I can't believe I'm saying this considering how I felt about Villa just 3 days ago, but I'm not sure I want to watch the next match. I'm totally deflated after these injuries and bad defeat. 

I know what you mean, this is a really big loss for us - aside from being a solid defender, he’s one of the biggest leaders on and off the pitch. Not having him around will have an effect on the rest of the squad. His communication in defence is massive as seen by the games when he’s not in the team.

I trust that the management will work on how to deal with this but it will be tough. Hoping it’s not as bad as feared and praying for a speedy recovery!

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

I can't believe I'm saying this considering how I felt about Villa just 3 days ago, but I'm not sure I want to watch the next match. I'm totally deflated after these injuries and bad defeat. 

I feel the same. I'm used to disappointment from decades of being a villa fan, but to go from such dizzying optimism a week ago following the Europe draw, to this, it's absolutely crushing. This season felt like our big chance to make an impression on the league, to go for trophies, and now two of our best players are gone for the season just like that. **** the result, these things happen and we always lose first day of the season, but to lose Mings for what seems to be the whole season. And what sort of player comes back if the injury is as bad as it looks? This morning I'm just looking at articles on the Saudi league and thinking '**** it, just take the **** lot'.

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

I actually think we’ll hammer Everton. It’ll cheer us all up

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we need to make the game next week a tyrone day for the big man

Or, we need to forget about the injuries and negativity of this last week and focus the road ahead without distraction or negative mindsets.

• Like 4

Come downstairs this morning and almost dreading to read the posts and news today. The result yesterday is totally insignificant and I’m totally deflated by Ty’s injury, as most on here. I’m fed up with football already and it’s only been one game, but with the Emi news it’s totally a punch in the gut.

He’s just so important to how we play play at the back and basically irreplaceable. The high line now probably goes out the window without him and Moreno missing. Just don’t think it’ll suit us with Pau and Digne playing.

Back to Ty, I really hope for the best news possible today or tomorrow and pray it’s not season ending 🙏🏻

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Seeing comments like "couldn't have happened to a nicer guy" from opposition fans is winding me up more than I ever thought I could be by strangers opinions on Twitter. People really think he's some kind of villain because he is very vocal about his beliefs. These are the same people who harp about leaving politics out of football when there's any little gesture they don't like, but they can't leave their goofy ass politics out of it when a human being suffered a nasty freak injury on live TV. The guy's as close to a saint as you can get in this game. Yes it's true that it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy you freaks.

Never underestimate the amount of racists in this country. They may have become clued up enough not to voice it openly but whenever there is the opportunity to pop their little racist heads out of the closet they will take it

Ty is incredibly important to us, not just on the pitch, but off it too as he represents and speaks for the club so well. All power to you big fella.

• Like 3

Â