Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

Absolute quality today.

Yep, my MOTM. So pleased for him, hard season for him and he still pulls it together. He might not be our captain but hes a natural leader, strong as an Ox and will not be intimidated, bullied or pushed about. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Still hate that he was given a yellow for this simply for being involved. 

I assume that was the scrap with Ronaldo?  He didn't get booked for that.

Anyway I swear he plays his best when he is up against a more high profile striker.  His lapses are in games where he doesn't have someone to battle with for 90 minutes.

35 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I assume that was the scrap with Ronaldo?  He didn't get booked for that.

Anyway I swear he plays his best when he is up against a more high profile striker.  His lapses are in games where he doesn't have someone to battle with for 90 minutes.

It was the scrap. What was the booking for then because Taylor flashed the card to both of them right after that.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

1 hour ago, HongKongVillan said:

He is way below Maguire on the pecking order for England, insane!

Shame about his mistake Vs Chelsea, otherwise has been decent 

Yet Dier made an awful mistake today for Salah to score yet will be a shoe in under Southgate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skruff said:

Any English cb who's better when he's at his best?

There are several better ball players (Stones, White, etc), but in terms of old fashioned CB duties, I think Mings is right up there, and this whole “mistake prone” thing is just par for the course in that position.

People seem to think it’s unique to Mings, when you could do an embarrassing blooper reel of just about any CB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I love this guy. I'll never understand why some fans have always been desperate to knock him down. 

The feeling is mutual here...

No CB is perfect but Mings is a leader of men, I've said it before. The man never hides.

His record for England is also almost flawless and it's madness he isn't in the squad.

• Like 3

There was a passage of play where yanaated put in about 3 crosses and the ball bobbled up in the penalty area in between a couple of times and Tyrone made the mistake of heading every one of the **** right away from the penalty area. 

Â