Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Southgate is simply a **** word removed nosed shitface rocket polisher 

True, but he have had more success as England manager, than any of his predecessors, with the exception of Alf Ramsey. It amazing how a failed club manager like Southgate can have that much success as England manager.

To be honest I hope Mings isn’t selected, it is in Aston Villa’s best interest that he stay fit, and maybe get some extra sessions with Emery.

On 02/11/2022 at 07:22, Thug said:

Thanks.

And Ross **** Turnbull has a Champions league, an Europa league and two FA cups.

any relation to Fred Turnbull?.....good ole Stalwart.

back to Ty.....funny how England pick their men, now he's on form, he is left out.

He may have an error in him, but so has Maguire.....

If my memory serves me correctly, I don't think Ty has made an error for England.

If the team was in the top 6, he would be in. Southgate is so predictable......manages, just like his penalties....predictable.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

True, but he have had more success as England manager, than any of his predecessors, with the exception of Alf Ramsey. It amazing how a failed club manager like Southgate can have that much success as England manager.

It's not amazing, he's got better players available than anyone else. A chimp like Sherwood would have probably won the Euros with England. Southgate wasted home advantage to try and defend his way to a tournament win.

6 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

To be honest I hope Mings isn’t selected, it is in Aston Villa’s best interest that he stay fit, and maybe get some extra sessions with Emery.

Definitely.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's not amazing, he's got better players available than anyone else. A chimp like Sherwood would have probably won the Euros with England. Southgate wasted home advantage to try and defend his way to a tournament win.

Do you mean the current generation of English players are better than previous generations of English players? Or do you mean English players are better than any other nations players?

12 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Do you mean the current generation of English players are better than previous generations of English players? Or do you mean English players are better than any other nations players?

The players available last summer, in the form they were in, meant winning the euros at home wasn't difficult. You'd have to do a bad job to not win it. Stifle the team.

16 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

There's a reason why he doesn't play for a top six side and imo when we reach the top six he will no longer be playing for us. He has really good games but he is far too mistake laden to be a top centre- half.

the reason you keep harping on about the chelsea error, despite mings playing no less than 4 full 90 minute games since then, is because you know it's the only mistake he's made this season but it's something to cling on to in order to keep attaching this "mistake laden" label to him

it's odd that you haven't mentioned the no doubt numerous other errors you believe he's made this season that justifies such a reputation

• Like 3

15 hours ago, tomav84 said:

the reason you keep harping on about the chelsea error, despite mings playing no less than 4 full 90 minute games since then, is because you know it's the only mistake he's made this season but it's something to cling on to in order to keep attaching this "mistake laden" label to him

it's odd that you haven't mentioned the no doubt numerous other errors you believe he's made this season that justifies such a reputation

I mentioned the error against Forest and I can assure you I've mentioned more. The reason I seem obsessed with the Chelsea error is because it was such an horrendous error, it's actually stuck at the front of the memory department In my loaf.

I will endeavour to erase it. But let's not pretend he doesn't have a tendency to make costly errors more often than he should. I'm not alone in noticing this, it's been said by many and imo it's an honest criticism, regardless of how good he can often be. If you don't accept that criticism,  then we'll agree to differ.

"Yep, that's my coat, right tbere".

Edited by sheepyvillian

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I mentioned the error against Forest and I can assure you I've mentioned more. The reason I seem obsessed with the Chelsea error is because it was such an horrendous error, it's actually stuck at the front of the memory department In my loaf.

I will endeavour to erase it. But let's not pretend he doesn't have a tendency to make costly errors more often than he should. I'm not alone in noticing this, it's been said by many and imo it's an honest criticism, regardless of how good he can often be. If you don't accept that criticism,  then we'll agree to differ.

"Yep, that's my coat, right tbere".

You need to watch the forest "error" again...

That's on Watkins not being goal side of his man, makes the whole shape fall apart

Which in general is considered the problem with criticising mings, too much of it is unfair

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You need to watch the forest "error" again...

That's on Watkins not being goal side of his man, makes the whole shape fall apart

Which in general is considered the problem with criticising mings, too much of it is unfair

Opinions, that's what it comes down to. Some of us see things differently. When Mings plays well, I praise, when he makes costly mistakes, I criticise. 

I don't have agendas against players of the team I support. Like I said , lest we should go round in circles, I'll leave it there.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Opinions, that's what it comes down to. Some of us see things differently. When Mings plays well, I praise, when he makes costly mistakes, I criticise. 

I don't have agendas against players of the team I support. Like I said , lest we should go round in circles, I'll leave it there.

But I'd love to know on what your opinion is based on?

Mings is behind the man, Ramsey is in front, Ramsey leaves his position because he gets drawn to the run of an attacker than Watkins has lost, man in front of mings gets a free header

I don't know what you think mings can do or how it's his error

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But I'd love to know on what your opinion is based on?

Mings is behind the man, Ramsey is in front, Ramsey leaves his position because he gets drawn to the run of an attacker than Watkins has lost, man in front of mings gets a free header

I don't know what you think mings can do or how it's his 

I wasn't even referring to the marking at the free - kick, but like I said, it's opinions. Leave it there.

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I wasn't even referring to the marking at the free - kick, but like I said, it's opinions. Leave it there.

so what were you referring to? genuinely confused. are you referring to the debatable foul? seriously are fouls labelled as errors then?

this is why some of us get very defensive about the guy. you say you have no agenda, but how on earth can it be anything but that when you are literally inventing errors that didn't happen. it's not a question of interpretation, like positioning or a mistimed tackle. it's a total non-error and anyone that's ever watched a game of football should know that.

it's just really sad that we need to keep defending one of our own players against this crap from our own fanbase.

you say you've mentioned others...i'm sure you have...he probably conceded a throw in or something

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so what were you referring to? genuinely confused. are you referring to the debatable foul? seriously are fouls labelled as errors then?

this is why some of us get very defensive about the guy. you say you have no agenda, but how on earth can it be anything but that when you are literally inventing errors that didn't happen. it's not a question of interpretation, like positioning or a mistimed tackle. it's a total non-error and anyone that's ever watched a game of football should know that.

it's just really sad that we need to keep defending one of our own players against this crap from our own fanbase.

you say you've mentioned others...i'm sure you have...he probably conceded a throw in or something

But it's not crap, when he makes costly mistakes then he's going to get criticism. 

Don't make it something it isn't.  Like I said earlier, it's labouring the point now. 

My opinion was he didn't need to make that challenge that led to the free - kick, that's my opinion, that's not inventing anything. As for agendas, don't be ridiculous.  I've praised him many a time, but you choose to ignore that. You're just annoying me now. 

• Haha 1

Are there premier league defenders who wouldn't have been forced into errors given our midfield issues over the last few years? 

I feel like Mings gets labelled as "error prone" for some incidents that happened years ago and people are looking for his errors where other well regarded defenders make just as many mistakes and don't have the same reputation. 

We'd have conceded many, many more goals over Mings' time here if he wasn't in the lineup. 

• Like 2

On 06/11/2022 at 21:57, Delphinho123 said:

It’s fashionable to hate on Mings. I don’t know why, but you ask any fan of another club and they’ll tell you he’s shite. 

It’s all very odd. Look, he makes a mistake every now and again, but for the most part he’s f***** superb. I don’t think there are many better defenders in the PL than him on his day.

If he didn’t make any mistakes, he’d be at a top club, without doubt, but right now, he’s our best defender and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. 

It’s as a result of the how football is watched these days. Most fans watch full games of their own team, and whatever click-oriented highlights social media spits out of every other team. This coupled with those god awful football banter/GOAT accounts like Football Bible and so on looking for clicks.

Clicks are generated by moments that people will watch. This results in Mings been known for that Ibrahimovic stamp and high profile mistakes. They don’t see the other 99% of the minutes he has played where he has been a very competent defender who is in no way dirty.

It’s Dejan Lovren syndrome. 99% of the time a perfectly competent sometimes unbeatable CB but his errors/brain farts are what he’s remembered for by most football fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

It’s as a result of the how football is watched these days. Most fans watch full games of their own team, and whatever click-oriented highlights social media spits out of every other team. This coupled with those god awful football banter/GOAT accounts like Football Bible and so on looking for clicks.

Clicks are generated by moments that people will watch. This results in Mings been known for that Ibrahimovic stamp and high profile mistakes. They don’t see the other 99% of the minutes he has played where he has been a very competent defender who is in no way dirty.

It’s Dejan Lovren syndrome. 99% of the time a perfectly competent sometimes unbeatable CB but his errors/brain farts are what he’s remembered for by most football fans.

A very good way of putting things actually. 

• Thanks 1

On 07/11/2022 at 00:08, rjw63 said:

Big nosed lying sack of shit, Safegate. 

Has he ever answered a question genuinely? I have no respect for the guy at all.

My favourite was his defence for picking so many RBs, 'I don't view them all as right-backs, Trent and Reece can play in midfield for example'. Constantly talks shite.

Â