Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Has he ever answered a question genuinely? I have no respect for the guy at all.

My favourite was his defence for picking so many RBs, 'I don't view them all as right-backs, Trent and Reece can play in midfield for example'. Constantly talks shite.

I try to avoid him and the national team totally, if I can.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Can someone show me a CB who doesn't make mistakes that lead to goals.

I would have said VvD before, but he's been a bit shaky this season. This season Saliba and Gabriel have looked exceptionally good, but it won't last. It's literally impossible.

Also the Zlatan stamp, the tussles with Haaland, Ronaldo, etc. are part of what make Mings a GOOD player. He doesn't shirk a battle.

Gabriel already had his error:

• Thanks 1

On 09/11/2022 at 11:40, MrBlack said:

To labour the point of this post... it isn't that Mings was good this week and others were crap so he should go. 

It is highlighting that even the options that are guaranteed to go, have the same issues that Mings has. They will all be out of form at some time or another, and they will all regularly make mistakes.  None of them are flawless, although Stones seems to be the best of an average bunch.

Mings offers left sided cover if he plays 2 at the back, and if we look at England's most recent games where they've defended well...Mings has played in all of them. It's madness that he won't be going, and his semi-regular errors for us don't change that.

But then, Southgate's an idiot so madness comes naturally to him.

I honestly don’t mind if Mings gets in the England squad or not, there may well be better performing CBs than him. What pisses me off is the disrespect he gets, like the thought of him being in the squad being an absolute joke despite being a consistently good player.

Ben white will probably get in the squad. Fair play, he’s having a good season but he too has had moments to forget in the last couple of months. Nobody starts making jokes when his name gets mentioned.

• Like 1

Mings deserves to go, but unfortunately for him, he lost his spot and there was so much talk around him losing his form, captaincy etc. During the summer and start of the season I just don't think he's done enough to over turn that conversation in the last 2 months.

His form has been great and ironically had he been in this form end of last season and the start of the season - but then in worse form more recently, I think he'd have a better chance at being selected as he'd have been part of the squad more recently.

Hopefully he gets the call up as his form deserves it and hes a big part of that team from what we have seen of the squad in the past and how the gel together.

• Like 3

I have no probables Mings not being in the squad but it annoys me the likes of Dier are getting another chance. He’s rubbish and under Conte they basically play with 3 defensive minded midfielders so naturally they are tighter. Them not conceding many goals is nothing to do with Dier supposedly playing better. 

Baaaaah,  out of curiosity I checked the odds of of him being in the squad yesterday and saw it was 10/1. I thought that was pretty incredible considering he was in every squad for years, I was going to lump some money on.

Humbug!

Struggling to deal with the conflicting emotions of Mings getting a deserved place in the squad (good news for him, bad news for Villa)... Southgate getting dog's abuse off fans of other clubs (great news)... but it's because they all think Mings is shit (bad news, why does everyone hate him so much).

Need to lie down

• Like 1

Just now, KentVillan said:

Struggling to deal with the conflicting emotions of Mings getting a deserved place in the squad (good news for him, bad news for Villa)... Southgate getting dog's abuse off fans of other clubs (great news)... but it's because they all think Mings is shit (bad news, why does everyone hate him so much).

Need to lie down

Its amazing how many people believe Maguire is better than Mings. 

11 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Baaaaah,  out of curiosity I checked the odds of of him being in the squad yesterday and saw it was 10/1. I thought that was pretty incredible considering he was in every squad for years, I was going to lump some money on.

Humbug!

Someone probably had the same thought, put €100 on it and the odds did that. Doesn't take much 

• Like 1

Â