Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Are you going to totally forget about the shocking header Mings made against Chelsea? As good as Mings was against United, and he was very good, until he stops making costly mistakes there's always going to be question marks about him, just like you're questioning the credentials of other centre - half's. 

If I'm going to be honest, I don't think he's going to make it. Southgate has his mind made up, regardless of what others might say. 

I reserve the right to choose that which defends my argument 😉

"You are only as good as your last game" - and that is all I took into account.

If you are interested, I'd still pick Mings against the majority of that list taking this season into account.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d have thin there based on his performances for England. He played in 2 massive group games in Euros and they didn’t concede a goal. 

It must be personal. 

If Mings played for one of the "big" clubs he'd be called up to England every time tbf.

20 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Southgate is simply a **** word removed nosed shitface rocket polisher 

This.

And I'm glad no Villa players are involved in that spunktrumpets squad. It never ends well for Villa when our players eventually end up going with England. Usually because the f*****g England manager tells them they have to move to a scum 6 club.

Let Ty stay at home and work with a real coach and his backroom team for 6 weeks. Both he and Konsa made wonderful runs forward yesterday (Mings x2) They were definitely told to go and express themselves that way.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Are you going to totally forget about the shocking header Mings made against Chelsea? As good as Mings was against United, and he was very good, until he stops making costly mistakes there's always going to be question marks about him, just like you're questioning the credentials of other centre - half's. 

If I'm going to be honest, I don't think he's going to make it. Southgate has his mind made up, regardless of what others might say. 

Wasn't close to as bad as diers. Dier does a through ball for Salah. Mings canons up into the air and only mount reacts. Konsa could gave easily gotten there first. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There was a period last season where he genuinely did go through a bad patch, and anyone pointing this out seemed to get jumped on. 

But lots of players go through periods of bad form. I don't think anyone denies that for the majority of his time here, Mings has been a very good player for us, and a magnificent representative for the club off the pitch as well

that is fair but the issue is I think even if something is not Mings fault is a certain element of our fan base always quick to make him the fall guy. Has been goals conceded like the famous City goal when the rules were changed and people were quick to blame him for it

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Wasn't close to as bad as diers. Dier does a through ball for Salah. Mings canons up into the air and only mount reacts. Konsa could gave easily gotten there first. 

Give me a break, I know he's a villa player, but that mistake against Chelsea would have been laughed at on a park pitch. He went to head it clear and inexplicably headed it backwards for Mount to score. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mantis said:

If Mings played for one of the "big" clubs he'd be called up to England every time tbf.

There's a reason why he doesn't play for a top six side and imo when we reach the top six he will no longer be playing for us. He has really good games but he is far too mistake laden to be a top centre- half.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

There's a reason why he doesn't play for a top six side and imo when we reach the top six he will no longer be playing for us. He has really good games but he is far too mistake laden to be a top centre- half.

Oh no I'm not saying that, just saying that if he did play for a top club he would be picked week in week out because that's mostly how Southgate makes his selections.

Just now, Mantis said:

Oh no I'm not saying that, just saying that if he did play for a top club he would be picked week in week out because that's mostly how Southgate makes his selections.

I was going to kind of disagree, but then I thought, that would feel like I was defending Southgate and I really  can't stomach doing that. 

I really can't believe we're going to a World Cup with.him at the helm. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Give me a break, I know he's a villa player, but that mistake against Chelsea would have been laughed at on a park pitch. He went to head it clear and inexplicably headed it backwards for Mount to score. 

He mistimed a header and it went upwards. No villa player reacted mount did.

Dier made a worse mistake yesterday

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm a big Mings fan - but I can't disagree with this statement. That header against Chelsea was shockingly poor.

There is no real comparison between Ming's header and Diers header: They were both inexcusable.

3 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I'm a big Mings fan - but I can't disagree with this statement. That header against Chelsea was shockingly poor.

There is no real comparison between Ming's header and Diers header: They were both inexcusable.

I suppose when you have a player in your avatar it's pretty difficult to be objectively critical about him. I'm happy to commend Miings when he plays well, but at the same time, I have to find fault when I see it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Well Chelsea are meant to wipe the floor with us ;)

The last few months he’s had have been pretty crazy. All the captain bs, being dropped, put back in - look me in the eye etc.

He knew Gerrard was a chancer and a fraud and Ty acted impeccably throughout. Really was poetic justice that the last meaningful action of Gerrard’s reign was Tyrone OG against Fulham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Well Chelsea are meant to wipe the floor with us ;)

The last few months he’s had have been pretty crazy. All the captain bs, being dropped, put back in - look me in the eye etc.

He knew Gerrard was a chancer and a fraud and Ty acted impeccably throughout. Really was poetic justice that the last meaningful action of Gerrard’s reign was Tyrone OG against Fulham.

Kept it classy and waited the fraud out. It was always going to go one way

• Like 1

Â