Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But those CBs have the benefit of what they did for England in previous appearances, maguire is because he was great in Russia in 2018

Mings with 14 clean sheets in 17 games for some reason doesnt

Like I said he's a **** idiot

I know, I was taking the piss out of GS 😅

Which I just realized... GS, SG, all the same

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, striker said:

With Southgate watching the game yesterday there was a reason why Mings was so deflated in the post match interview.

Rubbish, he's probably given up on his England spot already. He was deflated cos we'd just been hammered.

27 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Rubbish, he's probably given up on his England spot already. He was deflated cos we'd just been hammered.

Unfortunately neither of us are in the position to ask him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, striker said:

Unfortunately neither of us are in the position to ask him.

True. I just imagine him being that disillusioned with how his England career has gone recently that his motivation in that area may have gone a bit. Southgate dropped him when he hadn't put a foot wrong for England.

• Like 1

I thought in his after match interview, he come close to spitting it out, when he said " he can't dig players out" paradoxically meaning some need to be,

some of the clear and obvious, errors over this season, need digging out, and exposing.

We cannot continue to see goals conceded, where it is clear, poor defending, was at play.

The covering for some of these players, needs to stop.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought in his after match interview, he come close to spitting it out, when he said " he can't dig players out" paradoxically meaning some need to be,

some of the clear and obvious, errors over this season, need digging out, and exposing.

We cannot continue to see goals conceded, where it is clear, poor defending, was at play.

Villareal conceded only 37 goals out of 38 games last season.

Reasons to be optimistic.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

I love him but he can’t really be too hard on other players errors leading to goals.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Villareal conceded only 37 goals out of 38 games last season.

Reasons to be optimistic.

That was Viillareal....we are Aston Villa.

Bring their back line, and I might be more inclined to get excited.

We all have optimism, but watch the goals back and tell me he hasn't got a big job.

Just now, TRO said:

That was Viillareal....we are Aston Villa.

Bring their back line, and I might be more inclined to get excited.

We all have optimism, but watch the goals back and tell me he hasn't got a big job.

It's not just about the back line.

Our midfield is too easy to get past. 

The whole team needs to work as a unit. Defending starts from the front.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

I love him but he can’t really be too hard on other players errors leading to goals.

He can't, no....I agree.....but I think he wanted to.

We simply cannot be shoving these errors under the carpet, and going again......something has to change....We have to be hard on these errors or we are heading for a place, we don't want to be.

I hope the new manager can fix it, we will see.

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

It's not just about the back line.

Our midfield is too easy to get past. 

The whole team needs to work as a unit. Defending starts from the front.

I couldn't agree more.....but its collective, we can't defend with any aplomb.....without Ty and he wasn't blameless, it would have been 6 or 7.

The gaps were everywhere in the second half....and everybody looks at everybody else to get their foot in...its puny.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I couldn't agree more.....but its collective, we can't defend with any aplomb.....without Ty and he wasn't blameless, it would have been 6 or 7.

The gaps were everywhere in the second half....and everybody looks at everybody else to get their foot in...its puny.

Mentality needs to be fixed.

It's pathetic that they give up after conceding first. Such a loser mentality that.

It's easy to be at it when things are going well. Mentality gets exposed once things are starting to get hard.

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Mentality needs to be fixed.

It's pathetic that they give up after conceding first. Such a loser mentality that.

It's easy to be at it when things are going well. Mentality gets exposed once things are starting to get hard.

Mentality, is hard to fix...I honestly thought SG would fix it, not to be....I really hope UE can

Tyrone, is one of the few, who has a bit of ,what I think is missing....but you need many in a group for the Mentality to grow.

I think we have bought too many players, short of it.

but lets see, if he can change it and change the culture.

I would give the captaincy back to Tyrone.

Â