Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It must take an awful lot of self discipline in situations like this to stay quiet.

I’d be absolutely fuming.

Baffling decision.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It must take an awful lot of self discipline in situations like this to stay quiet.

Survive the transfer deadline and he’ll outlast the manager who’s dropped him.

Is what I expect must be on his mind.

• Like 3

Just now, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Survive the transfer deadline and he’ll outlast the manager who’s dropped him.

Is what I expect must be on his mind.

Depends. He'll still have hope of making world cup squad (Conor Coady was interestingly on the bench for Wolves today so not sure what's happening there) so he needs to be playing somewhere week in week out post August.

I get the feeling we'll put him back in the team next weekend as really don't think Konsa is right partner for Diego, yet another odd call from Gerrard. Will be like O'Leary dropping Mellberg for his first game at Portsmouth and then putting him straight back in.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Honestly, he doesn't have to say a word. Just wait til they get back to bodymoor and wait for the video review of the game. Just sit there and watch a Keifer Moore win header after header and stare daggers at Steven. 

Dreadful decision from Gerrard. It reminds me a bit of when O'Leary (I think) took over and dropped Melberg (again I think). He did have sense to put it right for the next game, anyone want to bet that Gerrard will be more stubborn

I seriously hope the relationship hasn't been damaged. 

Since the moment he signed, when have we ever been a better team without him?

And I say this with hindsight. I had no issues with Konza starting today. I seriously hope he's back next game.  

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

So we are up against a side with Billing and Moore who are 8ft tall.

Lets drop Mings to the bench and pair a debutant with our worst performing central defender from last year.

Not 2 minutes in, concede from a corner where they easily win the first header.

🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

So we are up against a side with Billing and Moore who are 8ft tall.

Lets drop Mings to the bench and pair a debutant with our worst performing central defender from last year.

Not 2 minutes in, concede from a corner where they easily win the first header.

🤦‍♂️

Classic Gerrard decision. Laughable to be honest. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Words from Gerrard that would suggest he isn't starting.

Felt like Mings won about 70% of everything aerially in our penalty area. If you're dropping him, you best be sure the rest of team are ready to battle at set pieces.

"Pushes to be in this XI". In Gerrard talk that means he'll play five minutes in about five months.

• Like 1

I can't find it now but a few months back I wrote a post comparing Mings and Konsa saying something along the lines of 'we all know Mings makes mistakes but he's really important to the team and if it's one or the other it will be Mings in the XI and not Konsa' or something like that. It got tons of likes and so I think it's worth fessing up that my prediction was literally completely wrong, but I do think that on some larger level it was really not wrong at all. 

• Like 2

Gerrard's made himself a bit of a problem now.

To strip the captaincy, and then drop Mings for a player only just back from injury (who is arguably a poorer player anyway) means that this is a now a bigger talking point than it needed to be. 

Mings was made for that match. There was no tactical need for Konsa, but there was for Mings against their giant upfront.

Yet Gerrard slaps on his big-boy pants, looks in the mirror, and and plays decisive leader for a day....I think that will cause a rumble that might disrupt us in defence for a while now. 

• Like 3

Â