Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

i didn't mind the first couple of songs at Wembley. Once they'd got the trophy though and were celebrating in front of the crowd they should have turned it off

Yeah I can imagine that would be pretty irritating. It wasn’t obvious from watching it on telly where I was what was being played, although to be fair my powers of observation weren’t at their sharpest by that point.

• 2 months later...

Marco Solva unprompted said it was a tough game, a competitive game, a very hard place to play football and a good atmosphere.

The question posee to him was about how they lost 2-0 from all the chances they had, and he moved straight to talk about the atmosphere.

I think that it shows that the support levels do have a very slight bearing on things.

Think its all down to this team and this manager , it's a special combination that I haven't seen in years. Even when we lose you can see the effort levels that they put in and winning today was like a cup final win and long may that continue.

It's a once in a generation thing that's happening here , Grealish, Smith and loads of alcohol after winning one game 🤪 goodnight, godbless and UTFV 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It was complete carnage in The Holte when El Ghazi scored.  It was more akin to a goal getting us to Wembley or something.  Grown men leaping around and climbing on barriers.  Some people even hugging each other before being introduced to one another. Civilisation as we know it had broken down. 

Wonderful to see.

You see some teams fans, say Man City, and its all polite clapping now as its commonplace they'll saunter to victory. Our goals tonight... it was bedlam! Love it!

• Like 3

I couldn’t go tonight as (apparently 🤨😑) I’d agreed to stay in with the nipper so my wife could go out, but the atmosphere seemed amazing on TV. There were times when you couldn’t hear the commentators for it.

After Everton skyed the ball over at the death of normal time, the Allez Allez song just went on and on for the whole of extra time till we scored again, 7 or 8 rounds of it.   I think when that went over we finally knew it was our night and the win was in the bag. 

I know most teams have their own versions but this has become a central anthem for us. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I hugged a random man this evening. I find it awkward hugging my family but by God I hugged that lad tonight.

Me too. 

I also put my knee out trying to stop some unit flying down in to the next row and the chunky **** took me with him. No regrets. 

I've never felt anything like it at Villa Park. The goal celebrations in the upper holte were like a mosh pit. 

• Like 3

Â