Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

who I think copied it from Porto. Sure Liverpool also copied You Never Walk Alone from Celtic as well

Yep all songs have to start somewhere.  Anthems are a little different even though I have been at Villa Park when people have sung YNWA! 

No shame in a song being shared as long as the words are unique to your club.

12 hours ago, brommy said:

Just more social/media BS.

VAR typically causes a 2 minute delay after each goal. Upon conceding, some fans use the moment to take a leak or buy a pie.

Of the half dozen fans around me that I noticed get up on the third goal, everyone of them returned.

Based on that, I estimate the media are 5-6000 out.

People definitely left near me (Upper North) when the 3rd goal went in. It was probably only 1-2k across the ground, but there were easily 10-20 people from rows near me that left for good at that point. Either that or they spent the remainder of the first half and all of the second half waiting for a pint.

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

am half-tempted to write to the club about this but I feel I would be ignored. Is there anyway to put this across?

I'm not sure if others agree but for me it's a really big thing.

It’s not something I’d ever thought of but it makes a lot of sense.

I’d mention it here if you haven’t already. @OutByEaster? is very good at picking up suggestions and making sure they are relayed to the club when there is the opportunity to.

I definitely think they would at least consider whether changing this may improve the atmosphere as it’s such a hard thing for the club to change but has a big impact on the team.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rob182 said:

People definitely left near me (Upper North) when the 3rd goal went in. It was probably only 1-2k across the ground, but there were easily 10-20 people from rows near me that left for good at that point. Either that or they spent the remainder of the first half and all of the second half waiting for a pint.

Certainly a massive difference to the Upper Holte.

Going back to the media BS, there's absolutely no way it was 5000+. Possibly one tenth of their guestimate, but '2000 fans leave seats during VAR check and only 1500 return' isn't good clickbait.

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The Leicester game should have a good atmosphere as long as we don't concede early.

At the moment it looks like it'll be about 32,000 with about 5,000 of those being Leicester fans. I have a feeling it'll be a damp squib.

14 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I agree. We sing it like we're being original but it's someone else's song. I'm embarrassed when I hear it. 

Well the lyrics are unique to Villa. The song is sang by loads of teams as most football songs are. Hardly ‘embarrassing’ to get behind the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

At the moment it looks like it'll be about 32,000 with about 5,000 of those being Leicester fans. I have a feeling it'll be a damp squib.

Surely not ?! There were all those people complaining they couldn’t get a ticket to watch us play !! 🙄

21 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I agree. We sing it like we're being original but it's someone else's song. I'm embarrassed when I hear it. 

I doubt anyone sings it thinking ‘we’re being original’ its just another tune to which we have added our own unique words, like dozens of other football chants. 

There are actually relatively few that are ‘original’. If it gets the crowd up I dont see the problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

1- why would you care whether it s” original” ?

2- how many songs that fans sing are “ original” ?

3- how do we “ sing it like we are being original “? 😂😂😂.....I sing it, like any other song, because it’s good to sing. In what way am I, or anyone else thinking or ‘trying to be’ anything ?

Rhetorical questions really, since if you cringe and are embarrassed that’s up to you. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Well the lyrics are unique to Villa. The song is sang by loads of teams as most football songs are. Hardly ‘embarrassing’ to get behind the team.

Indeed. Seems too obvious to need saying really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sounds better than Holte Enders in the sky. I know it means a lot to the fans but thats one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard. Sounds terrible. 

It's fun to belt it out though. 

As for the Allez, allez song, it seemed like we picked it up about a year after Liverpool, and it was when they were starting to become dominant and when we were getting relegated.

I kinda get what people are saying about allez allez song, Don’t get me wrong it sounds great and gets the place rocking but I understand people would love to have something more unique like blowing bubbles or ynwa? I know we have holts enders but it’s not that famous outside of our club. I think that’s what people are trying to say. 

8 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I was humming Allez Allez Allez at work the other day and my baggies supporting mate started to sing it.. he's been dragged to a few villa games this season and he appears to like it. Can't say I know or even want to know the words of other clubs songs, especially the baggies

Well they do have a version of Allez Allez Allez.  Mentions how they conquered the Midlands I think 🤣

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I was humming Allez Allez Allez at work the other day and my baggies supporting mate started to sing it.. he's been dragged to a few villa games this season and he appears to like it. Can't say I know or even want to know the words of other clubs songs, especially the baggies

I find the Baggies version amusing.

Where sing “we even conquered Europe in 1982 “They sing “Super Bobby Taylor we sing this song for you”

So while we are reminiscing about 1982 they are thinking about the league 1 top scorer in 1993 😂

• Haha 3

Â