Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Still tickets available for tonight. First game in a while that’s not a sell out?

Probably is but considering it’s a cold Tuesday night and how we played the last home game getting close to sell out is still reasonable. 

Hope the fans really get behind the players today. A lot of them are young and short of confidence. As soon as the fans turn they tend to fall apart. 

Excellent vocal support in the second half.

First half however I thought there was far too much groaning and whining at even 0-0 when we weren't flooding forward. Yes some of the play was slow but we were without a striker which impacts on build ups and as we saw with the delefeuo chance it's not wise just to push forward all the time v Watford.

Needs to be more patience v Spurs. If we dig in and stay 0-0 up to an hour I think we're more likely to get a result that way. It's frequently how Newcastle get wins in those type of games this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

First half however I thought there was far too much groaning and whining at even 0-0 when we weren't flooding forward. 

Needs to be more patience v Spurs. If we dig in and stay 0-0 up to an hour I think we're more likely to get a result that way. 

As we get used to winning matches late on, the grumbling when we dig in for the first hour would be better received. 

Over the past few years, we haven't experienced much of the late comeback or scoring late goals, so we have lost patience. 

We're actually more used to being good in the first half and then getting worse as the match progresses.

• Like 2

It was quite obviously going to happen, always does. I said to my dad about 5 minutes before the end if we score a winner it's going to go mental. A little message on the big screen isn't going to stop no one. 

Anyway I'm not bothered by it, it's not that deep. Love a good pitch invasion. Atmosphere was rocking tonight, a great night at Villa Park. 

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

VP is like a mini Anfield on nights like this. Our second leg record in two legged ties is pretty good down the years. Even the Bolton one in 2004 we didn't get through but comfortably won the home league.

Anfield is like a shitter quieter copy of Villa Park on nights like this, but with more sponsored flags and self inflated "fans" 

• Like 4

Â