Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oh you mean if the whole of the upper stand is empty? Does that ever happen? 

Yeah, I've seen it a few times. Oddly, they still have stewards up there. Can't remember for many recent games, but I know against QPR on New Years Day, there wasn't a single away fan up there, but there were half a dozen stewards sat up there on their own watching the game. Nice work if you can get it!

I'm not sure how the away ticket allocations work though, perhaps the away club keeps all of the tickets and can keep selling them even on the day so we have no say in the matter>

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah, I've seen it a few times. Oddly, they still have stewards up there. Can't remember for many recent games, but I know against QPR on New Years Day, there wasn't a single away fan up there, but there were half a dozen stewards sat up there on their own watching the game. Nice work if you can get it!

I'm not sure how the away ticket allocations work though, perhaps the away club keeps all of the tickets and can keep selling them even on the day so we have no say in the matter>

Yeh I’m guessing away fans can rock up on the day. 

It’s good to see us talking about fans not being able to get tickets while we are 6th in the Championship. The feel good factor is back.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We showed our class today.  Norwich subs being applauded and congratulated in the dying moments of the game and then applauded off the pitch.

I agree so happy to see. You have tk respect Norwich for what they have achieved. 

1 hour ago, PatrickCousens said:

I thought the atmosphere was great yesterday considering it was a nothing game without our best players which we lost. Smith has really turned this place around - regardless of what happens in the playoffs.

Yes, it's definitely getting better.  I think the horrors of the last few years are gradually starting to recede and people aren't spending 100% of their time, even when we are leading and playing well, expecting the whole thing to fall apart in front of their eyes. 

It's been a real long slog but people are starting to believe again. 

• Like 1

There has been a steady reduction in noise from those blokes who seem to enjoy “gobbling off” at Villa players when a mistake is made but are reluctant to cheer anything but a Villa goal.

Smith’s attacking style of play has definitely helped the Villa Park atmosphere; much nicer on the eyes than the previous plan of ‘let’s set up not to lose and we might nick a result’.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Games like that are when the crowd usually turn, 50 minutes in it felt like it might as frustrations set in. We looked to be getting nowhere fast and a few groans were creeping in.

Then we all seemed to remember the importance of the occasion, we were in this together. We got on the referees back again, we got on Gayle's back, **** the Albion. We knew the players needed us. We gassed the players up when they came over to hydrate and I have never seen it to that degree since sitting in the trinity. Even Glenn making way, the man who made the mistake was given rapturous backing.
I have never seen subs coming on get such vocal support from behind the dugout.
...and then after all that, it was that sub that rifled in the goal. It was **** beautiful man.

I wonder what Conor was thinking in that moment when the trinity was shouting for him to be the difference maker ( and actually believing he would be) I remember being delighted he was put out of his misery in the last game against WBA, I feel bad man.

• Like 2

The home atmosphere has been our Achilles heel for way too long (due to years of awful senior management). This season, under our new stewards, the worm has started to turn. Villa fans have deserved better for years and now we are finally getting it. If we don’t go up this year, I am certain that we will next year and the ground will be rocking. At times today it was truly awesome.

Â