Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

Too much of the Holte sit down. For a end that big it’s woeful at times. Sometimes big ends like that lose atmosphere. The kop and south stand at Elland Road are ideal sizes to get a good atmosphere going. It doesn’t help that the Holte is two tiers . A single tier would have been better for atmosphere. It needs to improve next season. 

I look forward to the fresh batch of fans sitting behind me thinking they're being quiet complaining about their rotten luck sitting behind 'this tall bloke with the silly haircut' :flag:

I can only crouch down so far.

Image result for blocked view gif

• Haha 4

I hope to god the fans stay positive this season and get behind the team every match, we will be in for some ups and downs this season and we could really do with the fans sticking with the team regardless of what happens this season.

• Like 1

Said it in the reactions thread, but it was a shame that the deafening music that was played constantly from the second the final whistle was blown on Monday drowned out what would have been an amazing atmosphere while the players were celebrating.

I'm not normally sad enough to care so much about this stuff, but I'm genuinely thinking of writing a letter to someone at wembley about it, suggesting they tone it down. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Said it in the reactions thread, but it was a shame that the deafening music that was played constantly from the second the final whistle was blown on Monday drowned out what would have been an amazing atmosphere while the players were celebrating.

I'm not normally sad enough to care so much about this stuff, but I'm genuinely thinking of writing a letter to someone at wembley about it, suggesting they tone it down. 

I was going to post something about this but not sure where.

It drove me nuts.  OK they played tunes relevant to Villa but NOTHING beats the fans actually just singing out their own songs in their own way.  It's just forcing it down your neck and kills spontaneity.    Also, generally the songs are only relevant in the chorus bits so you are waiting 5 minutes between short bursts of song.  It's diabolical.

Each time a song finished I thought "no more now, let us sing" but Noooooo, then something else would come on till it was too late just to let the fans loose.

I agree a complaint should be made.  It actually took some of the edge off for me.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It drove me nuts.  OK they played tunes relevant to Villa but NOTHING beats the fans actually just singing out their own songs in their own way.  It's just forcing it down your neck and kills spontaneity.    Also, generally the songs are only relevant in the chorus bits so you are waiting 5 minutes between short bursts of song.  It's diabolical.

Each time a song finished I thought "no more now, let us sing" but Noooooo, then something else would come on till it was too late just to let the fans loose.

I agree a complaint should be made.  It actually took some of the edge off for me.

Yep, exactly the same for me. I could understand playing one or two songs, while they're getting the trophy and that. But they were playing all sorts of generic rubbish by the end. Literally nobody wanted to hear it.

But one of the best bits of the semi final were those scenes of the players celebrating in front of the fans and the fans chanting back.

We could have had that with 40,000 people at Wembley but the music ruined it.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Too much of the Holte sit down. For a end that big it’s woeful at times. Sometimes big ends like that lose atmosphere. The kop and south stand at Elland Road are ideal sizes to get a good atmosphere going. It doesn’t help that the Holte is two tiers . A single tier would have been better for atmosphere. It needs to improve next season. 

Best and smartest thing about that new Spurs stadium.

one tier thing 

1 hour ago, spiezels said:

Best and smartest thing about that new Spurs stadium.

one tier thing 

The double tier kills the Holte End. I love the Holte how it is, but we don’t get what we should out of it. 

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You really should write that letter. Was the only negative of the day for me.

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I wonder if Sweet Caroline will replace Don’t Look Back in Anger next season. The players really seem to have taken it on.

Absolutely. DLBIA has had its day now and lost its relevance. 

The good times are back and a good time song needed, and it's definitely got a place with the players. 

But again, after the end of a home match I would much rather the fans are just allowed to let their adulation run wild.  The number of times the players have approached the Holte after a big win and no one can sing to them because they are waiting for the chorus when it's more appropriate to sing the name of the important goal scorer or the last minute penalty saver or the defender whose thrown it all on the line instead...... But we can't because we are paralysed by the PA system. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Completely agree about the music at the end of the game on Monday, ruined the atmosphere and drowned out any songs started in the stands. 

Overall I thought the atmosphere was poor all game, brilliant in the area I was in but it sounded disjointed around Wembley which in my opinion is a horrible stadium. However watching the game back on Sky we sounded immense, I think due to the size of the stadium it just doesn't sound great in the stands.

I started this thread back in January when the atmosphere in the stands was horrible. Games at Villa Park were no longer enjoyable. I honestly think we are now united in a way we haven't been for 10+ years. We need to carry this forward into next season now in what will be a difficult season. Looking forward to being back at Villa Park already.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But again, after the end of a home match I would much rather the fans are just allowed to let their adulation run wild.  The number of times the players have approached the Holte after a big win and no one can sing to them because they are waiting for the chorus when it's more appropriate to sing the name of the important goal scorer or the last minute penalty saver or the defender whose thrown it all on the line instead...... But we can't because we are paralysed by the PA system. 

Before the game as well.

It's no wonder we're often quiet at the start of home games. For the first ten minutes I'm still recovering from Crazy Train being played loud enough to make my ears bleed. It's absolutely absurd up in the Upper Holte, last time I was up there I couldn't have a conversation with the guy next to me, there's no chance of getting a chant going, it absolutely kills the atmosphere.

We don't need music. Play it at half time if you must, otherwise stfu and let us make the noise. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

While I’m fine with the use of “Don’t look back in anger” after a game, I’m not averse to just letting the crowd do the work. 

“Hi ho Aston Villa” always does well, so maybe that’s enough.

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I think this is a prime example of the music being shit.

Everyone stays silent for a minute at a time, waiting for the few seconds of paused audio so we can join in.

The fans should make the atmosphere, not a rubbish playlist so loud we can't sing over it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

100% agree, it actually did spoil it for me tbh, I just wanted us all to go through the chants and have the players join in, would have been a mint moment fans and players could connect.

shit modern football at its best.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

While I’m fine with the use of “Don’t look back in anger” after a game, I’m not averse to just letting the crowd do the work. 

i didn't mind the first couple of songs at Wembley. Once they'd got the trophy though and were celebrating in front of the crowd they should have turned it off

Â