Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I doubt 2k fans will roar the home team in too much.  

Especially if they are all spread out around the entire stadium.  Having said that,  it makes more sense to contain them within one stand. 

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I doubt 2k fans will roar the home team in too much.  

Depends how they segregate the fans. Also some of the lower league clubs have have capacity of not much more than that

The other thing is its unfair on lower leagie clubs as some twams can get revenue while others cant

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Depends how they segregate the fans. Also some of the lower league clubs have have capacity of not much more than that

The other thing is its unfair on lower leagie clubs as some twams can get revenue while others cant

Fair point.  I was just thinking about the bigger grounds. 

You’re right that ideally they should wait until all fans are allowed back in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Cambridge chairman said even with 2000 fans they are nowhere near breaking even for a game

18 hours ago, dubbs said:

Especially if they are all spread out around the entire stadium.  Having said that,  it makes more sense to contain them within one stand. 

i don't see there being much atmosphere anyway. the chances of the majority of the 2k being fans that typically sing every game are slim.

Cant see how clubs get an advantage when you can't sing, cheer, celebrate goals, stand, drink alcohol and have to wear mask for circa 2hrs?.. Just glorified cardboard cutouts that have to pay!.. If that's the way to watch live football I would rather eat my own hands!.. About as much use as a pair of tits on a fish!..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dubbs said:

If they're all in one stand, it makes a mockery of limiting the capacity in that way, IMO. "It's not safe to have too many people in the ground, but all of the people we can let in can go in this 1/4 of the ground", that's utter madness.

At Villa Park everyone would be in the Lower Holte End.

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Cant see how clubs get an advantage when you can't sing, cheer, celebrate goals, stand, drink alcohol and have to wear mask for circa 2hrs.

You are allowed to do all the stuff you normally do - albeit from behind your mask - it'll just be weird because you'll be isolated, it won't feel like being part of a crowd, it'll be just odd. It'll be interesting to see who has the courage to get to their feet and sing at the top of their voice when it feels like you're doing it on your own.

As an experience, it'll be less like going to a football match and more like watching a football match on TV but live - if that makes sense.

I genuinely think that if we get to take 2,000 on Boxing day, we might struggle to find enough season ticket holders that want to go.

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah they’ll get snapped up I’m sure of it. I’ll be  trying to get one anyway. 

In fairness, so will I.

My understanding is that earlier this week around 4,000 people had uploaded photos to the site, so if it does go ahead, at the moment, you have a fair chance of getting in!

• Like 1

On 27/11/2020 at 12:41, OutByEaster? said:

At Villa Park everyone would be in the Lower Holte End.

I understand the financial reasons for this, but I'm surprised it's allowed. It makes the capacity restrictions a complete farce IMO.

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I understand the financial reasons for this, but I'm surprised it's allowed. It makes the capacity restrictions a complete farce IMO.

Capacity isn't really about seating - it's about separation on entry and getting people from entrance to seat without them mixing - the Holte End car park is the bit that makes it practical. The whole car park would be fenced off with a pathway from the gate to the seat, no stopping in concourses and no mixing.

Â