Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

58 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

The place was spine tingling today. What a stadium we have, a what brilliant fans. 

Which bit do you sit in ? 

Not being sarcastic or anything, I just wondered if it was different, say, up,the North End.

Im towards the rear/ centre Upper Holte (K4) and the silence for the first fifteen minutes of the Second Half was almost total. There was a few of us trying over and over to get things moving and absolutely nothing was happening. 

Then it snapped on the pitch, players got about them a bit, and yes, the crowd were fantastic, absolutely fantastic. Immense after the goal, and wonderful to see the side stands really joining in.

But it was such a shame that when we were struggling it was very quiet, and not the first time ( and by no means unique to us of course).

• Like 1

I thought it was excellent again today. Even when went behind everyone started cheering for the Villa. I think we have some of the best support in the country and we shouldn't get too hard on ourselves when in the past it has been a bit quiet. For most of this decade we either have been served endless relegation struggles or turgid bruce ball. As soon as we have had some vaguely attacking play it isn't a surprise to me that the atmosphere has improved. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, terrytini said:

Which bit do you sit in ? 

Not being sarcastic or anything, I just wondered if it was different, say, up,the North End.

Im towards the rear/ centre Upper Holte (K4) and the silence for the first fifteen minutes of the Second Half was almost total. There was a few of us trying over and over to get things moving and absolutely nothing was happening. 

Then it snapped on the pitch, players got about them a bit, and yes, the crowd were fantastic, absolutely fantastic. Immense after the goal, and wonderful to see the side stands really joining in.

But it was such a shame that when we were struggling it was very quiet, and not the first time ( and by no means unique to us of course).

I’ve sat all over the place this season, as not had a season ticket, a few times in lower Trinity a few times in the Holte (lower). I was in lower Doug Ellis yesterday, M5 near the Hotle. There were obvious lulls, like after their goal and the start of the second half... but overall I think the atmosphere was good yesterday. 

I agree it’s really frustrating sometimes when it’s quiet, just thought yesterday was pretty good in general.

Within two mins yesterday I heard someone behind me say “there we go again, messing about with the ball” ... but that’s crowds I suppose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Within two mins yesterday I heard someone behind me say “there we go again, messing about with the ball” ... but that’s crowds I suppose.

That's a favourite of the lady behind me. "I wish we would stop messing around with the ball!!"

By messing about she means two centrebacks passing the ball to feet in our own half.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That's a favourite of the lady behind me. "I wish we would stop messing around with the ball!!"

By messing about she means two centrebacks passing the ball to feet in our own half.

Ha ha! It was a lady behind me, do you sit in M5 lower Doug? If not there’s two of them. 

She said it a couple of times, “there we go again, messing about with the ball at the back” by which she meant Mings passing to Elmo so he could play in McGinn...

There was another women behind me who had the filthiest mouth I’ve ever heard! It would make Chubby Brown blush.

The holte was very loud at the start and once we equalised. What made the difference was the whole stadium joining in though, especially towards the end. The North stand was on its feet all game, and even the trinity was on their feet changing **** the albion. 

22 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Gave me goosebumps hearing this. I prefer this song so much to Holte Enders in the sky. I know I’ll get crucified for this but the latter is one of the worst football chants I’ve ever heard. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

I sat in the north stand upper man was it absolutely electric and defeaning!  I couldn’t even hear who scored the first goal it was that loud ! 

Brilliant, and I have to say the fans didn’t turn either they still backed the lads. Was also thrilled not to hear any booing at half time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gave me goosebumps hearing this. I prefer this song so much to Holte Enders in the sky. I know I’ll get crucified for this but the latter is one of the worst football chants I’ve ever heard. 

I think this is a great anthem and this is the best I’ve heard it. As you say goosebumps, the greatest stand in football at it’s finest. I’d disagree with you about Holte Enders In The Sky though. There have been times when a lot of us have stood and sung this with extremely moist eyes, it has the ability to grab your emotions. Having said that Alez seems at times to get inside you, to capture your Villa soul.

I’ve wished for a proper Villa anthem for as long as I can remember, and now we have one. Not sure who’s responsible, but hats off to them. 

• Like 1

Any thoughts on the banner over the Holte before the game? My daughter thought the idea of the recall ropes not working nad blanking the game for the top tier quite a prospect. I thought it was a nice touch for the rest of the ground, but what about those the wrong side of it? 

In general the atmosphere was a little nervous, understably for much of it, but the first and last ten mins were electrifying. 

Not quite standing in the middle of the holte home to inter Milan......but that's the joy of kids and the family section! 

Id love it if we could really get some momentum behind bringing standing back....might take a few years though. 

14 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Probably been asked before but what are the words to the Allez song ?

Thanks in advance 😀

I didn't know either, so I went looking....

Every week we follow,

The boys in claret and blue,

We conquered all of Europe - in 1982

The Villa boys from Aston, we travel near and far,

You will hear us singing,

From the stands of Villa Park,

Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â