Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

5 hours ago, av1 said:

I've been a ST holder for many years and that was right up there last night. Rarely do you see all 4 stands signing as one. 

Absolutely brilliant atmosphere. 

That was some Copa Libertadores stuff last night. For about a minute at the end I stopped singing and just stood there watching and listening.  I genuinely welled up.

I half expected Ray Liotta to walk out of the tunnel with James Earl Jones and Kevin Costner.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/05/2019 at 22:53, alreadyexists said:

The place was spine tingling today. What a stadium we have, a what brilliant fans. 

When it's rocking it's like no place I have ever been.  

It also has something that 99% of other clubs don't have,  we have a ground that literally breaths history,  there were Holte Enders in the Sky,  for which there are many that had a twinkle last night.  The 12th man,  played well I thought.

• Like 2

Yeah took my daughter to her first game yesterday and she was so excited with the singing and atmosphere. 

Stayed for about ten minutes afterwards for the HI Hi and sweet Caroline. Was absolutely glorious.

The holte was awesome, but as others have said itbseemedt like all four stands. Was epic

Even Jamie carragher made a point of mentioning it at full time

Edited by ramshackler
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Yeah took my daughter to her first game yesterday and she was so excited with the singing and atmosphere. 

Stayed for about ten minutes afterwards for the HI Hi and sweet Caroline. Was absolutely glorious.

The holte was awesome, but as others have said itbseemedt like all four stands. Was epic

Even Jamie carragher made a point of mentioning it at full time

Did he also somehow manage to mention the atmosphere in Istanbul when Plop won the CL or speak about his time at Plop?

• Haha 1

From the 70 min mark when it looked like Everton May come back at us, the volume just got better and better. And not the crap “come on villa” it was Allez allez and the players. It was spine tingling. I stayed after for a bit and the noise was still going. Then when I was walking across Aston manor park, it was still going and you could hear it echoing around. Love it like that 

• Like 1

When Everton fans say they havnt heard anything like that in long time in Premier for long time, it's something that isn't heard as much anymore,  then we know we have something special going on, keep it up all season fans.

• Like 1

Villa Park under the lights and rocking, really is a beautiful sight.  I also don’t think it’s arrogant to say that we are a real deal Premier League club and few of the 19 other clubs in this league can’t say the same.   The sound coming across to TV last Friday night was immense. 

Genuine question - which grounds/fans match us for noise and overall atmosphere, especially night games?  Can't think of many. 

On 24/08/2019 at 14:38, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I had the exact same mate.

+1. Was amazing and after travelling over for the crap against Bournemouth it annoys me I didn't get to experience Friday night. Lost £ 200 on the match as well, but it was well worth it haha. I love betting against Villa. It's such a win/win 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

+1. Was amazing and after travelling over for the crap against Bournemouth it annoys me I didn't get to experience Friday night. Lost £ 200 on the match as well, but it was well worth it haha. I love betting against Villa. It's such a win/win 

How on earth can you bet £200 against Villa?! No wonder you’re so upset Jack played well ;)

• Haha 1

On 24/08/2019 at 13:32, Brumerican said:

That was some Copa Libertadores stuff last night. For about a minute at the end I stopped singing and just stood there watching and listening.  I genuinely welled up.

I half expected Ray Liotta to walk out of the tunnel with James Earl Jones and Kevin Costner.

I wondered why the volume dipped slightly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Friday/Saturday evening games will always be the loudest as everyone’s pissed up. 

The last time I heard an atmosphere like that was when we beat Wolves 4-1. 

I think that was the loudest I have experienced ......particularly in the last 20 years.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

The atmosphere on Friday night against Everton was electric. Every fan there should be proud of themselves, it helps the team massively! UTV.

Fascintaing seeing Kelly Cates( nee Dalglish) waxing lyrical over our atmosphere......quite something coming from a Liverpool girl.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think that was the loudest I have experienced ......particularly in the last 20 years.

it did cross my mind what they players thought on Friday, especially with the noise of the second goal and the singing after the final whistle.

Would love to know if they also think..."oh my lord this atmosphere......", or whatever variant!, i do sometimes wonder if they really appreciate such atmosphere like we do? (talk about it etc).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

it did cross my mind what they players thought on Friday, especially with the noise of the second goal and the singing after the final whistle.

Would love to know if they also think..."oh my lord this atmosphere......", or whatever variant!, i do sometimes wonder if they really appreciate such atmosphere like we do? (talk about it etc).

I am absolutely sure they do......and I think it does affect performances, something we as fans may not fully appreciate.

Â