Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

14 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I see now Liverpool has conceded defeat signing in Bellingham, there are rumours that Gerrard is trying to pursuade Ramsey to join them. Jog on you little toad! 

I think the last person Ramsey would want to speak to or trust in any kind of footballing way would be the bin dipping beale mouth piece.

Ramsey and his brother will get plenty of minutes in the villa 1st team over the next 2 or 3 years to then decide if they want to continue winning things here or drop down a level 

• Like 1

I've mentioned a couple of times in recent months that he's not been at his best but he's absolutely back with avengance now. Totally flying. 

I thought he may have had a bit of burnout.   Wrong. 

I genuinely think Southgate may have a look at him in future squads. 

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

No literally the tweet been posted here. Rubbish ITK muppet that's been mocked before by players that he's made transfer rumours about

Sorry I don't mean that I think the link is true, but he may have accidentally stumbled on the truth while writing what he thought to be a lie. 

Edited by Made In Aston

He plays very good in this position now, few players can drive forward with pace like he does, and has a good shot and is a goal threat. Very good passer and careful with the ball as well. Still young so can develop further.

A thought I had before, when he had a bit of a less good spell, was that if we were looking to upgrade on him in the summer - would an option be to try him out as right back? Imagine having him bombing down the right, with his passing ability and goal threat. He has showed enough defensive qualities in the position he plays now to suggest he would do a job defensively as well.

The way he played yesterday he makes the attacking midfield position his own, but it's still an interesting idea imo to try him at right back.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

He plays very good in this position now, few players can drive forward with pace like he does, and has a good shot and is a goal threat. Very good passer and careful with the ball as well. Still young so can develop further.

A thought I had before, when he had a bit of a less good spell, was that if we were looking to upgrade on him in the summer - would an option be to try him out as right back? Imagine having him bombing down the right, with his passing ability and goal threat. He has showed enough defensive qualities in the position he plays now to suggest he would do a job defensively as well.

The way he played yesterday he makes the attacking midfield position his own, but it's still an interesting idea imo to try him at right back.

Would be such a waste of his skill set playing at rb 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Calls up Chukwuemeka.

"I've told Jacob how he has to take his game to the next level".

And when he (JJ) does get a call up and makes 2 brief appearances, Southgate will claim he’s made him into a different player and he’s improved. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Interesting idea in concept but I hope it never happens. We've got more pressing areas of the pitch to improve on than Ramsey so unless anyone leaves I wouldn't be buying for that area of the pitch and then shoe-horning him into RB. 

The way our team is set-up the team would start to look very Gerrard-esque if we put Ramsey in at RB and asked both full backs to charge down the line at all times. 

Emery is a man with a plan and if he had even the slightest long-term aim of turning Ramsey into a defender there would have been a mention of that happening on the training pitch in interviews. 

If any of our midfielders would have made a good full back its McGinn. But thats aged 16 and in an academy. Not now. JJ  murdered Trippier for strength pace and tactical understanding. As much as he might have been a good fullback in another universe that ship has sailed  . 

Nearly had 2 goals and 2 assists on Saturday. 

Whilst he doesn't quite have the freedom he had under Gerrard (who was more hopeful of something happening then planning it), he's becoming really tactically astute. 

The knockdown header from Ollie (christ he got some air by the way!) was done without Ollie really looking back at him, but assuming he'd be in that space.

We all know he strikes a ball sweetly and his finish was just that, with his left foot. 

His effort against the bar was also too sweetly struck.  If he gets 70% contact on that, it's in. 

He's developing into a simply wonderful footballer and he's only 10.

I'm quite a fan of Jordan Henderson (I thought he was shit for Sunderland and his first 2 years at Liverpool, before developing into a really solid CM).  I think Ramsay can be like him, but more of a goal threat and a lot more athletic.  He's really starting to fill out now too. 

Keep up the great work JJ! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Nearly had 2 goals and 2 assists on Saturday. 

Whilst he doesn't quite have the freedom he had under Gerrard (who was more hopeful of something happening then planning it), he's becoming really tactically astute. 

The knockdown header from Ollie (christ he got some air by the way!) was done without Ollie really looking back at him, but assuming he'd be in that space.

We all know he strikes a ball sweetly and his finish was just that, with his left foot. 

His effort against the bar was also too sweetly struck.  If he gets 70% contact on that, it's in. 

He's developing into a simply wonderful footballer and he's only 10.

I'm quite a fan of Jordan Henderson (I thought he was shit for Sunderland and his first 2 years at Liverpool, before developing into a really solid CM).  I think Ramsay can be like him, but more of a goal threat and a lot more athletic.  He's really starting to fill out now too. 

Keep up the great work JJ! 

That’s an interesting comparison with Henderson. Without wanting to perpetuate the Liverpool speculation, I think his best position is in the Klopp style number 8 type role where the onus is on energy, tenacity and driving runs rather than possession/control- e.g. wijnaldum, bellingham, Keita. Obviously I hope he plays that role for us rather than them! 

Â