Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

4 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Ollie will break it, but I think Ramsey will surpass Gabby's goal record too. 

Ten goals now for us and has a record of a goal every 8 games or so. Considering about 25 of them games were sub appearances its quite an impressive record

Without going OTT in comparison his record is similar to Lampard at a similar age who is probably best goalscoring midfielder in English football history

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ten goals now for us and has a record of a goal every 8 games or so. Considering about 25 of them games were sub appearances its quite an impressive record

Without going OTT in comparison his record is similar to Lampard at a similar age who is probably best goalscoring midfielder in English football history

Ironically I think he’s most similar to Gerrard. Makes sense since he tried to play vicariously through JJ

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

When the ball falls to Ramsey in a decent position you just back him every time to score. His record is more like 1 in 5 when you account for minutes played

49 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

When the ball falls to Ramsey in a decent position you just back him every time to score. His record is more like 1 in 5 when you account for minutes played

And he never scored in his first 30 games or so did he. I think it was Arsenal away just b4 smith got the tictac that he got his first ? 

• Like 1

On 17/04/2023 at 17:11, DJBOB said:

Ironically I think he’s most similar to Gerrard. Makes sense since he tried to play vicariously through JJ

He reminds me of Steve Hodge, very fast whilst running with the ball and can score a decent goal or two.

On 22/04/2023 at 18:38, supermon said:

Should have scored, had the whole goal to aim at. Not as bad as their open goal miss though lool, that was terrible. 

I think his first touch, which was a really difficult one to take meant he was stretching. He should probably have hit the target, I don't personally think it was the easiest purely because of how he'd had to control it.

I’m not sure out wide suits him. Once we’ve recruited in the summer I wonder if Emery would be tempted to play him as one of the CMs, if we’ve got more quality in the wide midfielder positions

Against Brentford when he drifted in he beat the press quite easily and drove forward with the ball, which helped us get forward and look to create.

21 hours ago, burchy said:

I’m not sure out wide suits him. Once we’ve recruited in the summer I wonder if Emery would be tempted to play him as one of the CMs, if we’ve got more quality in the wide midfielder positions

Against Brentford when he drifted in he beat the press quite easily and drove forward with the ball, which helped us get forward and look to create.

Not sure he has the technique in tight spaces to get near the performance levels of Dougie and Kamara.

Really poor on the ball tonight in my opinion (although very good off it). Slow to release Moreno when the pass was on, struggled to retain possession when we used him as our out-ball, just generally lacked quality in the final third.

CAM and LW will be positions we can make a huge upgrade on this summer - as McGinn is making the other side his own.

Edited by Cizzler

Â