Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

he wont go and big nose will obviously pick Liverpool's Jones and Elliot ahead of him, maybe even the likes of oxelaide chamberlain too but id love to know if he was on the 55 man long list, he should be, he's one of the U21s best players and the one consistently getting PL games even if he did lose some form

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

he wont go and big nose will obviously pick Liverpool's Jones and Elliot ahead of him, maybe even the likes of oxelaide chamberlain too but id love to know if he was on the 55 man long list, he should be, he's one of the U21s best players and the one consistently getting PL games even if he did lose some form

Losing form gets you in the England team

23 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

That will be a redundant question under Emery.

You're right, and that's refreshing I suppose. 

I'm convinced if we can offer some more pace and power in attack, we'll have a much better side.

Something like this after January:

---------------------------------Watkins--------------------------------------
Bailey------------------------Ramsey------------------------------New
-------------------------Luiz----------------Kamara------------------------

That is a much faster, stronger team who can press the opposition with Luiz and Kamara being quality in possession behind the front 4. 
(Sorry, I know a lot rate Buendia on here). 

He's so much more comfortable and better suited to playing in an advanced role and it really showed yesterday. It's good to be versatile and able to play a few roles but at his age I think it's important to settle on a position and know the type of player you are which he hasn't really been able to do for the past couple of seasons. Even when he's been playing further back in midfield, his stats have always been underwhelming in terms of getting on the ball from deep and his number of passes etc, but good for scoring goals and carrying the ball, so playing in that kind of role as he did yesterday could really see him kick on and start to regularly make his mark.

The lad looks absolutely deadly whenever a chance falls to him in or around the box - get him in those areas more often!

Edited by Indigo

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Joking aside, I think it’s harsh on the bbc to say an og, didn’t think deflections counted 

I think they count if the shot is off target.  I missed United's goal so not sure if it was or not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Joking aside, I think it’s harsh on the bbc to say an og, didn’t think deflections counted 

It was the level of deflection that made it an "own goal" technically. 

The original shot was going so far wide, and the Ramsey intervention was so significant, that it actually constituted an own goal. 

Freakish, and bloody typical Yanyted.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

none of those players should go. Ramsey also shouldnt go, it was a good performance and hes definitely on the radar but will need to do more consistently to get the nod. 

Im confident he was on the 55. I think hes much more a Southgate player than Grealish ever was.

6 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

none of those players should go. Ramsey also shouldnt go, it was a good performance and hes definitely on the radar but will need to do more consistently to get the nod. 

Im confident he was on the 55. I think hes much more a Southgate player than Grealish ever was.

Meanwhile, Draco Malfoy (*cough* Anthony Gordon) over at Everton with his staggering 3 goal contributions this season (Ramsey has 4) is being linked with a £60m move to Spurs and will no doubt in his thoughts if injuries persist. 

The level of inconsistency amongst the England selection process is hilarious. 

If Gordon is worth £60m, I'm Arnold Palmer. 

This kid is special… what a player… hard to believe he’s only 21.

For me, he’s more than (and will continue to) replaced and made me forget the last local boy we so admired. Wouldn’t be any surprise if he surpassed that guy and time, character and personality are very much on his side. Such a likeable and “grounded” lad, hope he stays that way. Keep him away from the national side if you ask me…

The future is JJ, he’s only going to better. He’s one of our own…

Â