Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Ben Foster asked Neil Cutler "how good is Jacob Ramsey?"

Cutler's response was carefully thought out and basically said he's going to be great but has struggled due to never knowing what position or role he was meant to be playing in because it changed so often. 

Thanks Stevie. 

• Haha 1

On 08/11/2022 at 21:38, May-Z said:

Ben Foster asked Neil Cutler "how good is Jacob Ramsey?"

Cutler's response was carefully thought out and basically said he's going to be great but has struggled due to never knowing what position or role he was meant to be playing in because it changed so often. 

Thanks Stevie. 

I heard that and on the one hand I agree but then I also think that if he’s going to be a success under Emery he will need to be able to play in different formations and adapt to new instruction even within a game.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I heard that and on the one hand I agree but then I also think that if he’s going to be a success under Emery he will need to be able to play in different formations and adapt to new instruction even within a game.

I think the key word is 'instruction'.

I wonder what the quality of that information was like from SG post Beale.

He’s superior to McGinn now in almost every aspect of his play. 

His athleticism, eye for a goal and ability to run with the ball makes him one of the first names on the teamsheet at the moment.

With the way Emery wants to play, Ramsey, Watkins and Bailey must all start.

• Like 3

I like his new position, he was struggling badly playing with McGinn in the invisible midfield.

Now he is further forward closer to goal but still has energy to get back and help the midfield 2 when needed

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I like his new position, he was struggling badly playing with McGinn in the invisible midfield.

Now he is further forward closer to goal but still has energy to get back and help the midfield 2 when needed

Just give it a couple of years,  and "invisible midfield" will be Guardiola's latest tactical innovation. 

• Haha 1

Surprised his thread hasn't been bumped. Thought he was excellent first half and don't understand why we keep subbing him unless he's managing an injury.

I actually prefer him drifting in out wide as that means he can arrive late on edge of box compared to centrally where it's harder to make those runs and his ball possession sometimes isn't the best.

Someone who really should get top class consistancy working under Emery.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2022 at 08:10, WallisFrizz said:

Not all players can produce the same qualities on different formations. 
No shame on that, that’s why the squad is there and the manager should choose accordingly, not trying to make something that would never happen.

• 4 weeks later...
Â