Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

7 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Liverpool fans are clamouring for him already on Twitter. 

The useless journo's rumour pieces will inevitably follow the second he starts any sort of run of form. 

Ramsey will turn into the player they were hoping Curtis Jones was going to be.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, duke313 said:

Took his goal well yesterday.  Could be a real asset for us as a goal scoring midfielder, arriving late in the box and has shown he has great composure to stick it in the net.  

We all on hate on Gerrard but he would have picked up quite a lot of info from him, his goal yesterday was quite Gerradesk… arriving late and hammering it home. Hope he shapes into half the player Gerrard was and we have a player on our hands. With some tactics and positivity from Emery, hoping he can kick in and become a top premier league player.

Edited by Hobbit Feet

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Just remembered this great goal for the U18s

Brilliant. He's quite good just taking the ball on with his left foot if the situation calls for it. No fuss, just play.

Excellent attacking instincts, great ability to run with the ball, and he strikes it really, really, well.

Still lots to learn off the ball and defensively (rushed, sliced clearance, slow to get out to Shaw, and then turned his back for the OG), but he's now actually playing under a manager who will help him improve that (i could have stopped that sentence after manager).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomC said:

I love JJ, but if they offered us £85m and Grealish back, I'd take it.

I think you underrate how much I love JJ and overestimate how much I rate Jack. lol

Having said that, i'll take 85 mill and Almiron 😜 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

He was though. Might have had a few issues but pure ability he was better.

He was getting bodied in the Championship at that age and was one of our worst players in our relegation season. Right now JJ is a very solid PL player. Probably would be a starter for any team outside the top 6/8. Jack was a far cry from that at that age.

He had more natural talent and a higher apparent ceiling yes, but who knows how high JJ's ceiling is right now? Sometimes players just explode in ability to levels where you never thought they could achieve before (extreme example, Gareth Bale in 2012/13). If he ever has this sort of explosion (relatively speaking), he'll be one hell of a player.

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think you underrate how much I love JJ and overestimate how much I rate Jack. lol

Having said that, i'll take 85 mill and Almiron 😜 

How about £85 million and Haaland? 😜

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He had more natural talent and a higher apparent ceiling yes, but who knows how high JJ's ceiling is right now? Sometimes players just explode in ability to levels where you never thought they could achieve before (extreme example, Gareth Bale in 2012/13). If he ever has this sort of explosion (relatively speaking), he'll be one hell of a player.

And on the other hand, some players reach a high level early and seem like they're going even higher, but then never develop more and turn out to have reached their ceiling early...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mantis said:

Still find it crazy how he almost came out of nowhere. Don't remember there being much buzz around him a few years ago, at least not like there has been with a lot of other youth players.

The only buzz on here was people saying he would not make it and didn't want to give him game time in 20/21 as Chukwuemeka a better prospect 😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mantis said:

Still find it crazy how he almost came out of nowhere. Don't remember there being much buzz around him a few years ago, at least not like there has been with a lot of other youth players.

Deano knew. Elevated him before any hype and put Hourihane's nose out of joint.

• Like 3

He's always been highly rated, as an academy player he was probably the best since Grealish, but our academy wasn't getting as much attention as an whole back then, now it has much more coverage because it's doing things that makes people take notice and gets the fans talking about it.

As soon as he made his debut in the championship buzz starting growing around him in the wider fan base, especially as I think he was only seventeen at the time, and then that excitment grew furthermore when he went on loan to Doncaster in League One and did well.

He's also been a regular for England through the age groups.

He didn't really come from nowhere, you only have to look at the first few pages of this thread started in 2019 to see that, and back then he was still an U18 player.

Archer a better example of a player that's come from nowhere.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

He's always been highly rated, as an academy player he was probably the best since Grealish, but our academy wasn't getting as much attention as an whole back then, now it has much more coverage because it's doing things that makes people take notice and gets the fans talking about it.

As soon as he made his debut in the championship buzz starting growing around him in the wider fan base, especially as I think he was only seventeen at the time, and then that excitment grew furthermore when he went on loan to Doncaster in League One and did well.

He's also been a regular for England through the age groups.

He didn't really come from nowhere, you only have to look at the first few pages of this thread started in 2019 to see that, and back then he was still an U18 player.

Archer a better example of a player that's come from nowhere.

Relatively he did to a certain extent. Until less than two years ago the hype was always around Aaron, not Jacob.

I like how he finishes high in the goal, vast majority of his goals are in the top third of the net.

Interesting not many players do that, but it makes sense if you have the accuracy, as a goalkeeper is very unlikely to save a ball towards their corners at that height.

Â