Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

You contradict yourself, if we need to sell Ramsey for FFP what would Monchi be doing with the money? It would be going into our profit margin not spent on a 'better replacement'.

Sorry I should have been clear. I think we will get a better replacement for less than what we sell for, which will help with FFP.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Sorry I should have been clear. I think we will get a better replacement for less than what we sell for, which will help with FFP.

Fair play. I hope we don't have to sell JJ to do that. But if we don't get Champ's league football it does look like we will have to sell one of our big names, that's if we have any that aren't injured come the end of the season.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2024 at 13:55, GlobalVillan said:

If we get a bid of £35/£40 million for him in the summer, I'd take it. I doubt anyone will pay that sort of money now unfortunately, given his injury problems, but he is definitely a player I would be looking to move on.

Shame, as there was a brief period last season where he kooked like he could have been a good player for us, but I really think we have moved on in the time he has been out.

Anything we get for him will be pure profit too as he is an academy player, and that will not be lost on the board.

Yeah, I hate to say this but I’d agree with selling him on. If we get a 50m bid (as Tanswell mentioned on the Athletic PSR pod yesterday), I figure we have to consider it. He’s played little to no role all season — and we’ve had the best season in my lifetime. Pure profit from a PSR point of view as well. 

obviously I’d hate selling a homegrown player, but it might be the best way of not losing a “first team player” that has been integral to us this season. Only 8 PL starts this season

A broken metatarsal has basically kept him out for a season. It would appear to me his injury hasn’t been dealt with very well. 

From what little I've read and what @Deano & Dalian's Umbrella has posted, probably for the best? 

Seems like the type of injury that was really painful to play through. Even when he went off at Luton, it looked rather innocuous but just the x-ray itself looks painful.

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I suppose they figure it's safer to take him out of a play now so he can be back fully fit for next season. What a shit season it's been for him though, and because of a stupid **** England U21 tournament.

But spending the summer playing the likes of Czechia and Israel's U21s instead of resting was critical for his development...

22 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

So he's missed the whole season along with Mings and Buendia. 

And Kamara missing half of this season and half of next season. 

Has any other team actually had worse long-term injuries than Villa this season? 

I hate international football it needs binning off. Especially at youth level where they play very poor quality teams anyway, they don't get much out of it. 

Not a chance I'd sell him personally. 

Doubly frustrating if this forces our hand into selling Luiz as basically our only fit player that could attract the sort of fee we need. Well maybe Ollie as well.

12 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Yeah, I hate to say this but I’d agree with selling him on. If we get a 50m bid (as Tanswell mentioned on the Athletic PSR pod yesterday), I figure we have to consider it. He’s played little to no role all season — and we’ve had the best season in my lifetime. Pure profit from a PSR point of view as well. 

obviously I’d hate selling a homegrown player, but it might be the best way of not losing a “first team player” that has been integral to us this season. Only 8 PL starts this season

The queue to pay 50m for a player who has missed the entire season with injury won't need too much security 

• Like 1

A broken metatarsal is a shit injury to recover from sometimes. It can easily reoccur in the most random of occurrences as well, when I done mine i didn’t fully recover until 10 months later despite feeling fine to walk without a protective boot a few months after the injury. Hopefully he can bounce back for next season and kick on again.

Â