Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

On 28/03/2024 at 11:58, Villa_Vids said:

I am not convinced by Ramsey this season. I can see him being injured again against Wolves and holding his foot. Hope to be proved wrong.

Yup. All for a youth development tournament....great.

• Like 1

Out again and in Unai's words - no hurry to rush him back.

A shame as I thought he had a real stellar season last year and has not been fully fit in any way this year.

If we get a bid of £35/£40 million for him in the summer, I'd take it. I doubt anyone will pay that sort of money now unfortunately, given his injury problems, but he is definitely a player I would be looking to move on.

Shame, as there was a brief period last season where he kooked like he could have been a good player for us, but I really think we have moved on in the time he has been out.

Anything we get for him will be pure profit too as he is an academy player, and that will not be lost on the board.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

If we get a bid of £35/£40 million for him in the summer, I'd take it. I doubt anyone will pay that sort of money now unfortunately, given his injury problems, but he is definitely a player I would be looking to move on.

Shame, as there was a brief period last season where he kooked like he could have been a good player for us, but I really think we have moved on in the time he has been out.

Anything we get for him will be pure profit too as he is an academy player, and that will not be lost on the board.

I'm pessimistic and miserable most of the time, but wow!

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

Wow, you'd sell one of the best players we have had in years, including the most promising player that has come through our youth system since Grealish because he got injured?

We are so much better when he plays, but the fact we've brought in other options has also helped strengthen us.

Can't wait to have him back even if it is next season, he is class.

I didn't say I wanted to sell him "because he got injured". Why are you making shit up?

I would sell him as I believe we have to move one or two players on in the summer to satisfy FFP and I think Monchi and the recruitment team could do a lot with that £40mil.

Tielemans and Kamara both cost nothing so I imagine we could get a really solid player for thay sort of money.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ramsey, but I don't think he is anything like one of the best players we've had in years and I trust the right people to get a better replacement with the money. 

17 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Wow, you'd sell one of the best players we have had in years, including the most promising player that has come through our youth system since Grealish because he got injured?

We are so much better when he plays, but the fact we've brought in other options has also helped strengthen us.

Can't wait to have him back even if it is next season, he is class.

Hes nowhere near one of the best players we’ve had in years. Nowhere near at all. 

He might BECOME one of the best players we’ve had in years, but it’s mostly potential right now

• Like 4

The same thing happens again and again doesnt it. This foot is really an issue . Its obviously causing great discomfort. The problem is that for some people it can not ever heal properly and always cause discomfort . While for others it fuses back fine.  Take him out of training and let him rest for the next 3 months would be my choice to give him the best chance of totally recovering.  This current situation cannot continue one way or the other  

Last season when he was in full flow he was brilliant. 14 goal contributions I think it was. It's no coincidence our left side has been far less potent this season without him.

Thankfully Bailey has really kicked on now and took on that responsibility of carrying the ball and driving at defences that Ramsey was previously doing.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Hes nowhere near one of the best players we’ve had in years. Nowhere near at all. 

He might BECOME one of the best players we’ve had in years, but it’s mostly potential right now

As one of our own he is, which was the context I was using

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I didn't say I wanted to sell him "because he got injured". Why are you making shit up?

I would sell him as I believe we have to move one or two players on in the summer to satisfy FFP and I think Monchi and the recruitment team could do a lot with that £40mil.

Tielemans and Kamara both cost nothing so I imagine we could get a really solid player for thay sort of money.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ramsey, but I don't think he is anything like one of the best players we've had in years and I trust the right people to get a better replacement with the money. 

The thrust of your argument seemed to be because of his injury - which seemed to trigger you.

You contradict yourself, if we need to sell Ramsey for FFP what would Monchi be doing with the money? It would be going into our profit margin not spent on a 'better replacement'.

Tielemans and Kamara are costing a huge whack in wages and it isn't every season we can pick up players like that, if we spanked the 40 million you say that we would get for JJ (that is needed for FFP) then we would also have to pay similar wages, but to get someone the same quality as Ramsey - even if it's 'potential' it would cost us a lot more than 40 mil.

When he was on form last season and even at points earlier this season he played, he was being mooted for England and linked to some of big teams.

If he has potential - then we should wait till he realises some more of that potential before we flog him off - at the very least.

Again my main point is we haven't yet produced that many academy products (in the last 10 years), so one of the few that is looking good, I personally don't think we should sell, but that is my opinion.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

Â