Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

If that's true, no one is paying 100 million.

Injuries like this require rest, which is hard to find when your club is probably going to break 60 games played. 2 months off in the summer and he will be back to his best. 

I dunno, man city did for biscuit shins

Anybody got any idea what’s happening with his injury? Will he be back for Wolves? We really need him back and flying. Hopefully he can come back and stay fit for the rest of the season now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 14/03/2024 at 08:42, VillaJ100 said:

Need to understand the true nature of this injury and fast. If it's going to be some chronic thing needing long term management and limited game time going forward to be brutally honest we'd be better off cashing in especially for 100 million.

Think it's mainly just due to missing pre season. Never under-estimate the impact of players don't have that core 2-3 weeks of pure training to get fine tuned for the season. Moreno and Ramsey were both rehabbing at that stage and neither have quite got into the rhythm of what they were doing for us 12 months ago.

Already I can see Kamara coming back in November-December, being rusty and people will be moaning on his thread we should sell etc.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Think it's mainly just due to missing pre season. Never under-estimate the impact of players don't have that core 2-3 weeks of pure training to get fine tuned for the season. Moreno and Ramsey were both rehabbing at that stage and neither have quite got into the rhythm of what they were doing for us 12 months ago.

Already I can see Kamara coming back in November-December, being rusty and people will be moaning on his thread we should sell etc.

NOVEMBER?! 👀

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

To be honest this mythical pre-season is seen as a panacea for all teams problems. Like I don't know what a handful of games against largely shit opponents played at 5 mph really proves to be honest

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

To be honest this mythical pre-season is seen as a panacea for all teams problems. Like I don't know what a handful of games against largely shit opponents played at 5 mph really proves to be honest

It's not the games that make a difference, it's the training and preparation.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's not the games that make a difference, it's the training and preparation.

They can go through the same process as they’re recovering from injury and before they’re thrown back into the team. The pre-season talk is a myth. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

They can go through the same process as they’re recovering from injury and before they’re thrown back into the team. The pre-season talk is a myth. 

Fair enough if you feel that way. I'm not a professional footballer so can't exactly say either way, but I feel like having a decent pre-season with the team is incredibly beneficial to all players. Players who don't get that are always playing catch up a little bit in my mind. I could be wrong though.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Fair enough if you feel that way. I'm not a professional footballer so can't exactly say either way, but I feel like having a decent pre-season with the team is incredibly beneficial to all players. Players who don't get that are always playing catch up a little bit in my mind. I could be wrong though.

I agree that it would be ideal to have a full squad doing pre season training together but the problem with the Ramsey case for example is getting injured in the first place, rather than missing six weeks of training over July and August. Ramsey was flying at the end of last season but then has to spend months on the sidelines. That can present psychological and emotional challenges as well as the physical. He comes back and scores against Everton, then has a setback and spends another spell out. Now he’s out again. For me, the problem here is the injury killing his momentum, not the absence of pre-season. Same with Moreno. He was out for six months and hasn’t looked the same player since he came back. Again, I think the injury itself is the root problem here. The players have plenty of time and support to do the equivalent of a pre-season when they recover from injury, but a long spell out can make it difficult. I should also say this is just my opinion. I shouldn’t pass my opinion off as fact. 

38 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Players themselves comment on it as well, Leon Bailey did the other day for example - mentioned how not having a pre-season in his first season with us hindered him.

I still can't wrap my head around Ramsey being selected for the u21 at his age and when he was playing regularly in a top 7 Premier League side. Total incompetence. He was ready for the senior England team last year. JR should have been given a much needed rest last summer, and been preparing for Villa's upcoming season. Missed a lot of "real" football for a youth dev tournament - so so crazy and foolish. Hopefully the FA will learn about the consequences of selecting players who are playing first team football and need vital rest in the summer months. Clowns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

I still can't wrap my head around Ramsey being selected for the u21 at his age and when he was playing regularly in a top 7 Premier League side. Total incompetence. He was ready for the senior England team last year. JR should have been given a much needed rest last summer, and been preparing for Villa's upcoming season. Missed a lot of "real" football for a youth dev tournament - so so crazy and foolish. Hopefully the FA will learn about the consequences of selecting players who are playing first team football and need vital rest in the summer months. Clowns.

It was total BS and has **** him and us over.

A year of his career, gone.

10 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

It's really not.

10 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Can’t be stressed enough. He needed the pre-season here and recovery. The FA are very unserious in their selection policies. JJ doesn’t need to prove himself at that level. 

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Seems like Unai has no idea when he will be back. That’s not a good sign.

I know Emery said it wasn't a reoccurrence of his previous injury but can't help but think it's got to be something similar. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him for the rest of the season bar maybe the last couple of games.  

Edited by RichW

Desperately need him back for the Wolves game.

Don't like the idea of playing Morgan in a local derby with his inexperience and canny knack of picking up yellow cards.

Edited by AshVilla

Someone on another forum has given such specific updates on Ramsay that they are either in the know or completely insane, and I am going with the former.

12 days ago they said:

"Out for 2 weeks. Advised to have 4 weeks off at end of season. Screw in toe is rubbing against boot. New boots being made as we speak."

and then today they said:

"He’s had his new boots. He’s running and training. Available for selection against Wolves as it stands."

• Like 4

Â