Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

On 18/03/2024 at 15:37, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Someone on another forum has given such specific updates on Ramsay that they are either in the know or completely insane, and I am going with the former.

12 days ago they said:

"Out for 2 weeks. Advised to have 4 weeks off at end of season. Screw in toe is rubbing against boot. New boots being made as we speak."

and then today they said:

"He’s had his new boots. He’s running and training. Available for selection against Wolves as it stands."

Given the news reports above (which could well just be piggy backing off this dude), it suggests they're a genuine ITK.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

We desperately need him back v wolves as the drop off to Morgan is huge at the moment and Zaniolo is a toin coss as to what kind of performance we will get.

Personally I'd just go 4-3-3 and have Diaby and Bailey either side of Ollie. We certainly need something like that v Man. City. It was nice to see Tielemans playing well v England but the thought of him in a two man midfield v Man. City against Rodri, KDB and all of Silva, Foden and maybe Alvarez drifting in centrally dosen't feel a great prospect.

We've sort of morphed into it a little in recent times against Ajax and also parts of the West Ham game so I'd rather tweak things a little than asking Rogers to morph into Ramsey when he's still a fair way off that level.

56 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

I am not convinced by Ramsey this season. I can see him being injured again against Wolves and holding his foot. Hope to be proved wrong.

There's more than certainly a great player in Ramsey - it's just a shame he's been blighted with injuries since his participation with England U21s last summer.

It feels like every time he's got back to match fitness this season and looking good, he's either picked up another niggly injury or had further issues with the foot he injured on international duty, 

I'm pleased he's back and just hope he stay fit for the run in as he's our best option at LM (especially as McGinn - when not suspended, will be covering for Kamara in CM alongside Luiz).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Personally I'd just go 4-3-3 and have Diaby and Bailey either side of Ollie. We certainly need something like that v Man. City. It was nice to see Tielemans playing well v England but the thought of him in a two man midfield v Man. City against Rodri, KDB and all of Silva, Foden and maybe Alvarez drifting in centrally dosen't feel a great prospect.

We've sort of morphed into it a little in recent times against Ajax and also parts of the West Ham game so I'd rather tweak things a little than asking Rogers to morph into Ramsey when he's still a fair way off that level.

I think that's what he will do against City but against Wolves we've got to go with our usual 442

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

There's more than certainly a great player in Ramsey - it's just a shame he's been blighted with injuries since his participation with England U21s last summer.

It feels like every time he's got back to match fitness this season and looking good, he's either picked up another niggly injury or had further issues with the foot he injured on international duty, 

I'm pleased he's back and just hope he stay fit for the run in as he's our best option at LM (especially as McGinn - when not suspended, will be covering for Kamara in CM alongside Luiz).

I think Ramsey looked really good against Fulham, Forest and Luton. Hopefully he can bring his A game

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't we do a bit of that against Ajax? Emery mentioned that he had Bailey and Diaby out wide and running at full backs rather than cutting in. Seemed to work well given that we won comfortably.

Regarding Ramsey, best thing is to manage him until end of season and then get him a proper rest period to get back to full fitness for the Champs League crusade.

Â