Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Gutting news. Still, hopefully can get fully sorted over the summer and come back with a bang next season 🙏 we must be the most cursed club this season 🤦

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

From Player of the Season to a missed season due to injury. That's shitty man.

I thought he'd sneak in to the euros squad this year 

What a waste 

27 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Such a waste playing pointless football in the summer.

Unfortunately it seems players have to 'do their time' in the England u21s etc. - including summer tournaments - if they want to get a senior call-up someday. (unless you play for a big six club and then you can just jump the queue, of course!)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So he's missed the whole season along with Mings and Buendia. 

And Kamara missing half of this season and half of next season. 

Has any other team actually had worse long-term injuries than Villa this season? 

Man United, Liverpool and Newcastle according to the press. I think Newcastle and maybe Chelsea have players out for long periods. The rest are just niggles.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I blame the England setup. He didn’t need to be that the tournament. He’s too good for the U21s. He needed a rest and a pre-season here. 

It's easy to say with hindsight.

He would have wanted to go; This is just a cruel twist of fate that could have happened in training.

• Like 2

My worry is that we were banking on selling Ramsey to avoid a PSR breach.

My one thought is whether Ramsey could actually be okay to play in a few weeks, but we're choosing to just rest him and ensure the injury doesn't get any worse again, because we're expecting to be able to sell him in the summer.

• Like 1

Absolutely gutted.

You wonder if he actually shouldn't have been brought back when he was initially, and maybe it would have helped.

Sounds like a complicated night injury.

I've had something like that with my wrist for years.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's an honour to have players play for their country in international tournaments. I'm sure it's what Jacob dreamed of. I remember as a kid the U21 would be stocked with our players and I still remember the pride now....and the disappointment of the decade or so of rarely having a Villa player get a call up for the U21s after the Moore, Cahill, Whittingham crop.

To call international tournaments **** stupid is absolutely ridiculous. Tell that to the kids who've represented their country in them and their families.

**** ridiculous 

In fairness, I think the scenario here, is that people think if ANY... He should have been with seniors, as he is/was above Under 23s etc.

They would have been more accepting in that scenario imo.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dubliner said:

especially if we get to Athens

Only the conference league 😏... 

But yes, recovery has been far more difficult than expected. I'm not ready to throw accusations about, but do we need to look at our medical set up over the summer? 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Have we just kissed goodbye to our only chance to avoid a PSR breach?

Personally I’ve always thought Emery would prefer to sell Dougie and keep JJ

Â