Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Someone on another forum has given such specific updates on Ramsay that they are either in the know or completely insane, and I am going with the former.

12 days ago they said:

Screw in toe is rubbing against boot.

I didn't know the screw was on the OUTSIDE of his foot 👀

I think its safe to say that guy is talking bollocks.

I can actually speak with some experience on this... obviously not a professional footballer!!  but I played footy into college.  I broke my metatarsal 4 times- same one- twice in High School, twice in college.  I now have a 5 inch screw in my foot as well.  NO SHOE rubs your screw lol.  If you wear shoes with poor padding your foot will get very sore walking/running all day.  The screw decreases mobility and flexibility in your foot- makes your foot stay 'flat' if that makes sense.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

I didn't know the screw was on the OUTSIDE of his foot 👀

16 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

I think its safe to say that guy is talking bollocks.

I can actually speak with some experience on this... obviously not a professional footballer!!  but I played footy into college.  I broke my metatarsal 4 times- same one- twice in High School, twice in college.  I now have a 5 inch screw in my foot as well.  NO SHOE rubs your screw lol.  If you wear shoes with poor padding your foot will get very sore walking/running all day.  The screw decreases mobility and flexibility in your foot- makes your foot stay 'flat' if that makes sense.

This is an image of fixation of a 5th metatarsal (little toe) stress fracture in an athlete, showing where the screw head would sit (the base of the 5th metatarsal which is the bony lump you can feel at the halfway point on the outside of your foot).

An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is 10-1055-s-0037-1599833-i1600057cr-5.jpg

The systematic review referenced below states that:

"Removal of internal metalwork was not routinely undertaken. Twenty cases in all had removal due to prominent screw heads."

and then:

"The pooled results need to read with caution—although the overall rate of metal removal was <10 %, the rate of secondary surgery to remove painful screws can be almost 50 % .

https://esskajournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1007/s00167-012-2138-8

Yes, I know I said I would never post about medical stuff on here again. My name is Deano and Dalian's Umbrella and I have a problem.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Deano &amp; Dalian&#x27;s Umbrella said:

This is an image of fixation of a 5th metatarsal (little toe) stress fracture in an athlete, showing where the screw head would sit (the base of the 5th metatarsal which is the bony lump you can feel at the halfway point on the outside of your foot).

An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is 10-1055-s-0037-1599833-i1600057cr-5.jpg

"Removal of internal metalwork was not routinely undertaken. Twenty cases in all had removal due to prominent screw heads."

and then:

"The pooled results need to read with caution—although the overall rate of metal removal was <10 %, the rate of secondary surgery to remove painful screws can be almost 50 % .

https://esskajournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1007/s00167-012-2138-8

Yes, I know I said I would never post about medical stuff on here again. My name is Deano and Dalian's Umbrella and I have a problem.

Stay strong, having a screw loose doesn’t make you weird in here!  You’re amongst friends, rest assured!!

• Haha 1

I have a few pairs of boots. My most expensive ones feel like they're made of paper (amazing to play in mind) and the cheapest are thick.

Someone trod on my toe with barely any force in my expensive ones and i nearly broke my toe.

They're very much high risk high reward.

7 hours ago, Deano &amp; Dalian&#x27;s Umbrella said:

and then:

Thank you for sharing your insight- I'm gonna have to dig up my 1994 xray and review it again!  haha

• Like 1

On 19/03/2024 at 08:33, StefanAVFC said:

I have a few pairs of boots. My most expensive ones feel like they're made of paper (amazing to play in mind) and the cheapest are thick.

Someone trod on my toe with barely any force in my expensive ones and i nearly broke my toe.

They're very much high risk high reward.

Especially when the bottoms of the boots have the ridged plastic frame on them. 

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

they think he may be back for Wolves 

We’ve been here so many times before. Might as well just accept he’ll be out for at least another month and get on with it. 

Huge boost if we can get him fit and firing for the last few games, way better team with him in it. No one has taken his spot either or been good enough.

Â