Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

On 06/06/2022 at 13:57, weedman said:

Please can someone tell me this as well...surely it should be JR?! 

its for folk with a speech impediment.😀

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Gone are the days when our academy produced a big pile of steaming hot nothing for nigh on a decade, aside from the one player who couldn’t miss. And we nearly **** it with him. 

And Mark Harrison has barely got started. 

• Like 3

I'm trying to think of a past Villa midfielder who compare to JJ. Closest I can think of is Mortimer. If he has half the success of our once, revered captain, I'll be delighted. 

Surely Mortimer has to be in the top ten midfielders never to get an England cap?

• Like 1

The most exciting thing about Ramsey is what he COULD become. I remember him coming over to the fans at the Brighton match after we beat them away from home and he took his shirt off and threw it into the crowd. I may have been the only one thinking it, but his physique and frame is so impressive. The kid is a f***** monster of an athlete and with a dad who was a boxer, there are absolutely no concerns there! 

He has all the tools to become a very good player for us. He can pass, dribble, shoot, score and his tackling is very good too. 

It’s going to be seriously fun seeing how good this guy turns out. It’s also worth remembering Aaron was supposed to be the better player and everytime I’ve watched Aaron, I’ve been mightily impressed. I would love it if he broke through too in the next couple of years. 

Ramsey is a future captain for us, no doubt. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think our academy produced shit, we just had a shit first team infrastructure from Lerner/Lambert that ruined academy players.

Obviously its ifs and buts but Clark, Bannan, Albrighton, Weimann etc have had pretty good careers but if we had better management and senior players around them they might have developed better

Yeah I agree, we had the peace cup batch of bannan, Albrighton, Clark, weimann and then the next batch won the next gen so the talent was there it was more a case of struggling to break through and if they did break through it was to a shit team that was down in the dumps

We don't integrate them very well

11 hours ago, WHY said:

Captain of the U21’s tonight and has been absolutely superb. He’s played more central and has dictated things for us. This kid has so much potential. Could be the mainstay of our midfield for years to come. 

Wow, I didn’t know this! ❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I agree, we had the peace cup batch of bannan, Albrighton, Clark, weimann and then the next batch won the next gen so the talent was there it was more a case of struggling to break through and if they did break through it was to a shit team that was down in the dumps

We don't integrate them very well

We’ve always had a decent academy, lots of football league players started out their careers at villa, but we always seemed to lack the ones with that extra bit of PL quality. Seems like that’s now maybe changing.

I often wonder if the likes of Kevin MacDonald etc were the problem, the old guard from previous era’s who didn’t know what it meant to be a 21st century PL footballer - the accusations of bullying suggest he was rather old hat - but seems like we’ve now refreshed things behind the scenes and are trying to operate the academy in an elite and modern way, I can only see it continuing to be a success 

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Decent bit of analysis on our JJ here…

Sorry if someone else has already posted. 

He did highlight the wrong players stats on the dribbling page,  but that video demonstrates just how good he is.

Being two footed is such a bonus for him. Still amazes me how many professional footballers aren't.

He’s been quiet in the first half for England u21s, he has had England’s 2 best chances but in general play, he hasn’t gotten on the ball that much. The second half is just about to start on bbc3 channel 23 on my tv

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s been quiet in the first half for England u21s, he has had England’s 2 best chances but in general play, he hasn’t gotten on the ball that much. The second half is just about to start on bbc3 channel 23 on my tv

He’s playing ok but not brilliant. Looks about as mentally fatigued as the senior team. They’re all ready for a break now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He’s playing ok but not brilliant. Looks about as mentally fatigued as the senior team. They’re all ready for a break now.

I agree, well deserved, he’s had a terrific season at club level, I think he is saving himself in this match

• Like 1

Archer getting all the attention because of his goals, and he's well deserving of his praise, but I thought Ramsey has been comfortably England U21's best performer over these last four games, as far as I'm concerned he should be with the senior squad, England's best box-to-box midfielder other than Bellingham.

• Like 2

Â