Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Just looking at Whoscored and he was our star man last night. He's a beast in the air. Hopefully he can develop into a decent asset for us. Just compared him to Van Dijk for a laugh, surprised to see he's bettering him in loads of areas, all be it in less minutes played. He also has more positive attributes than VVD, concentration is only negative. I love no context stats. 

Edited by The Other Mat

8 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Just looking at Whoscored and he was our star man last night. He's a beast in the air. Hopefully he can develop into a decent asset for us. Just compared him to Van Dijk for a laugh, surprised to see he's bettering him in loads of areas, all be it in less minutes played. He also has more positive attributes than VVD, concentration is only negative. I love no context stats. 

Wouldnt rely on those stats, the same ones which say fred made 1 tackle last night 🤣🤣

1 tackle ? Yeah ok 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah the Hause worked his ass off last night, made some fantastic interceptions, made some great passes to.

Kept his calm and cool when under pressure.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah the Hause worked his ass off last night, made some fantastic interceptions, made some great passes to.

Kept his calm and cool when under pressure.

Really?! I thought he did well defensively but his passing wasn’t great. Often he (and many others in the team tbf) takes way too long on the ball and closes off any space there was.

Someone else also made a good point last night about something I noticed too - the weighting of some his passes was just bizarre. It’s like he alternated between too soft then way too hard as he was trying to overcompensate for the previous one each time.

I think he’s going to develop into at least a useful squad player at this level. I think he can get even better if he gets calmer on the ball. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with him overall in this back three.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Starting to wonder what game I watched.

Thought he was defensively sound. But his passing and decision making on the ball... christ.

Agreed. I counted at least 4 floated dead passes straight to the opposition in our half. Absolute bomb scare last night and I am a fan of the lad.

Doesn't help that options for passes are so limited. We are really poor at the moment. Last winner aside and the high you get, I thought we were generally rank again on the ball.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Defensively superb tonight. Few dodgy passes, he even weights some of them really weirdly, but I'll give him a pass tonight.

Ok, just don't expect to receive one back 😁

Joking really. I like the guy defensively, just makes me nervous when he has the ball. Hopefully this can be coached out of him. A bargain buy, great recruitment.

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'll admit I've been critical of Hause in the past and while he's still far from perfect, would love him to succeed. Honestly think he has serious potential.

Seems like a good lad as well.

Totally agree. Really young for a CB. Remember Ugo, he wasn’t exactly a great passer when he came into the team but grew and grew.

• Like 1

Â