Kortney Hause

Sam3773

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

He has been excellent since coming in. He is a £3 million signing with little first team experience. 

We really need to move away from getting rid of people as soon as they have 1 bad performance. 

I don't think he has, he has won a lot of headers and played in some matches we have won and ppl jump to the conclusion that he has been playing good, he makes a lot of basic errors. Probably the coaching staff have thought they can teach him to be more solid, but he keeps making them. There are so many times when he is out of position or just calmly jogs when he should be rushing in to get into position. He doesn't at all spot danger, he reacts and does it too slow. 

• Like 1

Wasn't good enough for the championship, nowhere near good enough for the PL.

We had a lot of work to do in the summer so at £3m it seemed a sensible signing for a 4th choice CB, if we are to continue with 3 at the back he needs replacing asap. 

11 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I don't think he has, he has won a lot of headers and played in some matches we have won and ppl jump to the conclusion that he has been playing good, he makes a lot of basic errors. Probably the coaching staff have thought they can teach him to be more solid, but he keeps making them. There are so many times when he is out of position or just calmly jogs when he should be rushing in to get into position. He doesn't at all spot danger, he reacts and does it too slow. 

I disagree. He's been good. 

Played well against Norwich, burnley and leicester. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Wasn't good enough for the championship, nowhere near good enough for the PL.

We had a lot of work to do in the summer so at £3m it seemed a sensible signing for a 4th choice CB, if we are to continue with 3 at the back he needs replacing asap. 

He'd be absolutely fine if we went down. 

Konza and hause would be a top championship pairing. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

He'd be absolutely fine if we went down. 

Konza and hause would be a top championship pairing. 

Not sure about that mate. 

34 minutes ago, poitier said:

Poor today and some deficiencies in his game have been exposed recently, but he has done well enough overall.

Overall is a pretty broad term. Hause is not that good. Call a spade a spade here.

3 minutes ago, poitier said:

Not really sure what you are saying. Is it that he has not done well overall?

We are 18th !! We shipped 6 goals , could of been 10. Nobody is coming out of where we are / how we've done so far smelling of roses 

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake

31 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We are 18th !! We shipped 6 goals , could of been 10. Nobody is coming out of where we are / how we've done so far smelling of roses 

Well you are the one talking in broad terms now. I'm saying I think he has done ok given his experience, cost, and how the team has been performing in general. Do you expect him to be Maldini?

7 hours ago, poitier said:

Well you are the one talking in broad terms now. I'm saying I think he has done ok given his experience, cost, and how the team has been performing in general. Do you expect him to be Maldini?

I don't think anybody expected him to be Maldini, or if they did, they were very daft. Nothing about his career prior to joining Villa suggested he was anything more than he is. Despite having a small squad, and playing a system with three centre backs, Wolves were prepared to let him leave as a January loan, and then sell him at an absolute pittance to a league rival. He hasn't played masses of football prior to his Villa career.

In truth, he about as good, with roughly the same strengths and weaknesses, as Nathan Baker was at his best with us. I don't mean that as a complete insult; Baker was capable of good performances at times, too. But anybody who thinks Hause is good enough to be featuring regularly in the first team as we try to move up to being a top-half team is kidding themselves. People need to remember that the whole reason we're playing 3 CB's is that 'Mings & X' conceded too many goals, and then when Mings got injured, 'X & X' conceded way too many goals. We have to play this way, to counter our CBs' obvious deficiencies, and that should tell people everything they need to know.

Â