Kortney Hause

Sam3773

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

What a legend this bloke is. Never lets us down and the best player we have in the air at the club. 

In a 3-5-2 I’d have him in there everytime ahead of Axel because he doesn’t lose anything in the air and he’s also a massive threat from set pieces at the other end. 

Really likeable character and a fantastic squad player. We should be giving him a new deal. 

3 million i think. Its a **** steal. Wolves playing Captain Coady🙈

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I assume because they felt he wasn't developing, they didn't need him, and there were concerns about him being more interested in DJing?

Funny part is Wolves play 3 at the back. You need a defensive full on centre back

Was heavily involved in the highlight of the game.

No, not the goal.

No, not the penalty.

It was late in the game where, as the central defender in the back 3, he was in and around the ManUre penalty box and pushing passes around. Awesome.

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There was one moment when he flicked the bal over 3 United players heads one by one 😂 

I was wondering where Tf that came from, turned into Leon Bailey for a few seconds, when moments before that, I was commenting that he was scaring me on the ball. lol

• Like 1

Has pocketed Lukaku and Ronaldo in the space of a week. He deserves a shot at completing the trifecta against Kane on Sunday.

I could understand if we wanted Axels speed to cope with Bergwijn and Son on the counter but Hause doesn't deserve to lose his slot and think he'd have Kanes number.

• Like 1

He's sanded his 50p head down and now it's a buttery smooth 2p coin. Going back to last season he's not let us down. I love his steel he believes in his own abilities and he feels like he belongs. Not been overawed by a £97m striker and then one of the all time greats.

He had me at "but we're Aston Villa..." - big club talk.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Was heavily involved in the highlight of the game.

No, not the goal.

No, not the penalty.

It was late in the game where, as the central defender in the back 3, he was in and around the ManUre penalty box and pushing passes around. Awesome.

I remember this. I was wondering what on earth he was doing all the way up there lol.

It looked like he was repeatedly trying to lay the ball off to someone else and move back but the ball kept coming back to him funnily enough. Didn't look the most comfortable on the ball compared to others around him admittedly, but credit to him didn't lose the ball in the end.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He played well but I think Axel is a better defender. 

That's debatable with Hause in the form he has just shown. The big factor for me is Axel isn't our player and goes back to manure next season with added value if he plays every match for us. Hause has done enough to keep his place.  Hes improved season on season for us, Axel has stood still. 

55 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I love him and he's an absolute steal. However I'm not sure I'd start him next game. 

He still gives away silly fouls, looks uncomfortable on the ball and gave away the pen. 

He played well but I think Axel is a better defender. 

Nah. Axel is better on the ball but Hause is a much better defender. Just his presence in terms of size is more advantageous for us.

As for the pen it was ball to hand it was deflected onto his hand by Cavani. If it was handled straight from the cross fair enough. Wrong decision.

I have just seen his post match interview. Loved his “We are Aston Villa , we can go toe to toe with anyone”😀

Seems like a really decent bloke and has physical presence. You can see why he probably the best arial defender at the club.

he is almost unrecognizable from the guy who seemed a huge liability when he was starting at left back in the Championship. 

well done for getting your head down and just getting on with it. You now have the shirt and should now keep it until form or rotation dictates otherwise.

Hopefully he can be this year's Matty Targett and show real improvement as as player, consistently. I'll admit I was ready to write him off in the early days but he has been fab recently. Just wish he would release the ball a second earlier when being pressed - that bit still makes me nervous!

10 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I wouldn't have any complaints if he does, just Tuanzebe has done little wrong too and might be more suited to Spurs. Whatever Dean Smith decides.

I still shudder thinking of us against Spurs at Villa Park. Engels up against Bergwijn, Son and Moura was one painful afternoon.

Â