Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Scored in his 50th appearance. Think that's his 3rd Premier League goal for us, must be going at a pretty decent rate considering the amount of appearances he gets.

No brainer to exercise his addition year option on his contract you would think.

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Scored in his 50th appearance. Think that's his 3rd Premier League goal for us, must be going at a pretty decent rate considering the amount of appearances he gets.

No brainer to exercise his addition year option on his contract you would think.

Had to look it up. 27 PL appearances. 1 goal in every 9.

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Has to start after those 2 stellar performances. This is his big break. Would be very disappointed if Axel came straight back in.

On top of that - imagine his confidence levels if he plays and keeps Kane quiet, after Lukaku and Ronaldo? You're right it really could be the start of something for him.

• Like 2

All the pundits coming out of the closet......" Strong and powerful and a snip at c£3 mill.

I have always liked him and we would be mad to sell him.

4 good centre backs...game on....competition is the name of the game.

glad the boy is getting due praise.

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

pay him right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

That was a terrific header! I must admit I was so nervous I almost wet my pants when I saw he would play in the sweeper role, but he coped well, and has written himself into the history books with that goal. Not many at Villa get the winner against Man U away.

Tbf that's almost certainly his best role. Where he is battling physically with centre forwards or recovering loose balls (which he is goated at- 98th percentile in 19/20 at 14.3) and his only role in possession is to either hoof it clear or play it to Mings or Konsa who do the intricate stuff. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

Its very unlikely he won't start against Spurs and he has earned the shirt, but I can see an argument for not starting him. Tottenham play with one up front (Kane) who also likes to drop deep. That would mean one of the defenders stepping out into midfield more often which would question the 4-3-3. Nuno may himself switch to a back 3 but I'd doubt he'd risk it knowing that if they were to lose he'd have to switch back again after one game and have his credentials questioned. So Tottenham are likely to stay the same and with the way they play I don't see 3 centre-halves being needed. If we do go for two in the middle neither Konsa nor Mings get dropped which leaves Hause. 

8 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Axel loses his place to him against Spurs, I think so. 

Mings (especially) and Konsa don't score enough for my liking. Playing Hause definitely makes us more deadly and solid at set pieces. 

Why especially mings? 

He has a higher scoring rate than konsa... Is that another one of these weird "konsa is better" knocks on mings? 

9 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

That was a terrific header! I must admit I was so nervous I almost wet my pants when I saw he would play in the sweeper role, but he coped well, and has written himself into the history books with that goal. Not many at Villa get the winner against Man U away.

I had no nerves about seeing him start, yes I love the guy anyway even before that magic header but as a defender doing his job of defending I really see no problem with him. Where I think people get nervous is with the ball at his feet because he isn’t as cultured as mings of konsa but if he just plays nice and simple and lets his defensive work do his talking then he is such an asset to us. Throw into the mix both defensively and attacking it makes us do much stronger at set pieces because he hardly loses a header. Our new set piece coach must be desperate for him to play 

57 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why especially mings? 

He has a higher scoring rate than konsa... Is that another one of these weird "konsa is better" knocks on mings? 

Why are you guys seriously talking about score rates on CB's lol.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Why especially mings? 

Think it's cause Mings is 5 inches taller. 

But damn Konsa needs to work on his heading. Dude gets so many headers that he hits the bar with or heads over from 6 yards out. I think he's had at least 10 in the prem with us. 

• Like 1

Â