Kortney Hause

Sam3773

It's interesting as seeing Hause in a couple of games last season he was actually pretty good in possession. Was just calmly playing it out from the back. That was at left back though at Stoke and another game shortly afterwards (Sheffield United?)

Guess he can't cope with the quicker closing down and pressing in premier league. Seems to take an age to actually set up to clear and then just hoofs it anywhere.

He's just a squad player who's started lots more games than even he was expecting recently. If he came in for the odd game like Burnley away where he was excellent he'd be seen as a good squad player.

• Like 1

He’s actually very good in the air but becoming a liability to our overall ability to keep the ball. Bournemouth managed their press to make sure he was the one bringing it out and he delivered for them in style. Gave the ball away a crazy amount of times. We still concede every game so I don’t think 3 at the back is solving any defensive problems but it’s weakened our midfield for sure.

I’d advocate going back to a back four with either Engels or Konsa. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elton said:

Maybe but it’s not all about passing, I prefer our defenders to be good at the defending bit. For Hause’s weakness at playing the ball out, he is far stronger in the tackle then Engels, way better in the air and appears faster too.

Also, Hause doesn’t often have loads of passing options when he’s on the ball. I think this is an affect of Grealish playing left so the opposition is generally trying to cut off Jack’s supply and opponents are overloading our left side. When we switch it quick to the right it’s quite noticeable that Fred etc is often in a lot of space. I think Hause’s passing suffers due to our left side being congested.

I’d actually say that Engels is a better tackler and faster. Hause is (statistically) better at heading, but I also don’t recall heading being a glaring weakness of Engels’ game when he was playing at the start of the season.

Regarding the bolded part. We seem to try to build 95% of our attacks from our centre backs, so I’d actually rather we sacrificed defensive solidity for a better passer, because we’re not the type of team to aim for a 0-0 or nicking a 1-0.

I can’t agree that Hause doesn’t get an easy ball out @Elton, if you watch him, he tends to delay his passes right up until an opponent has closed him down. It’s a strange habit he has. Plenty of times against Bournemouth he had fairly basic passes available, but because of his delaying, he ends up just hoofing it or attempting a pass through an angle that’s become harder due to his delaying.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2020 at 18:27, Rob182 said:

He lost the ball 21 times when passing forward. 7 of those were long balls. (Stat taken from ‘Villa Analytics’ on Twitter).

He has this bad habit of delaying, delaying, delaying a pass until an opposition player gets tight up close to him.

Yeah, happens each and every game. Bit negligent not to take him out the side tbf. DS Clearly wants a left footer to play in the 3 for balance but its to the detriment of the team when he’s on the ball. Those diagonals he was trying were embarrassing, like a beginner golfer just launching balls all over the place with zero accuracy. Nice bloke but not good enough. Really hope we stay up or we’ll be stuck with this again in the championship.

• Like 1

Far be it for me to be defeatist but he is going to be great next season in the Championship. This experience will do him well. For £3m he has been a snip. He has all the attributes but experience and game time.

He has just been found out a bit, takes that fraction of a second too long to decide on his pass and by that stage the passing lane has gone or his man is being closed down and he is in all sorts of bother.

Those are the fine margins at this level. He isn't a terrible footballer.

Some amazing assessments made about a player who hasn't even started 10 games in the Premier League yet. 

He's finding his feet and learning at this level - there are a lot of promising signs there but of course you have to expect a few bumps in the road, especially given his price. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Some amazing assessments made about a player who hasn't even started 10 games in the Premier League yet. 

He's finding his feet and learning at this level - there are a lot of promising signs there but of course you have to expect a few bumps in the road, especially given his price. 

An bargain for £3m.

Shouldn't be in the team right now though, he's been shaky for a few weeks.

If teams use him as well as Bournemouth did we'll really struggle to get anything going out from the back.

On 02/02/2020 at 20:17, villaglint said:

He’s actually very good in the air but becoming a liability to our overall ability to keep the ball. Bournemouth managed their press to make sure he was the one bringing it out and he delivered for them in style. Gave the ball away a crazy amount of times. We still concede every game so I don’t think 3 at the back is solving any defensive problems but it’s weakened our midfield for sure.

I’d advocate going back to a back four with either Engels or Konsa. 

Bournemouth, knew how to stop mings and we struggled.....but while Hause is not great, he is not as bad as some folk claim either.

Mings himself makes a fair few ricketts lately.

On 03/02/2020 at 07:26, meregreen said:

A player who has simply been found wanting at Premiership level. It’s not a crime, he tries his best. It’s just that his best isn’t good enough. There was a reason Wolves got rid of him.

Tragedy is, he not on his own

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

You don't have time ' to find your feet' in the Premiership. You can either do it or be dropped.......It's not known as the toughest league in the world for nothing.....

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Not a great game at all but hes pur 4th choice centre half and everyone needs a squad. Problem is we keep trotting him out. Mings the big miss today

He'd have played even if Mings was fit though. It's alright to say 'he's only our 4th choice centre back' but the bottom line is he's a massive liability. Why do teams consistently have 20+ shots per game against us? Well, one reason is that this guy keeps passing it to the other team.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

66% passing accuracy today. One out of every three balls he plays, from the centre of defence, goes to an opposition player.

I'm sorry, but he's terrible. Nowhere near good enough.

Agree. In saying that, he wins nearly every 50/50 header

• Like 1

Â