Kortney Hause

Sam3773

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's capable of it. He has moments where he pings 50 yards passes and takes it around 2/3 men.

He's just dopey.

He is not really a proper  footballing CB . He is being asked to play out from the back and he looks totally uncomfortable with it . It makes me very uncomfortable watching!!

the lad could develop with time and more confidence.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2020 at 03:03, Tomaszk said:

From minute to minute he's either looking like he's got rollerskates on or really comfortable doing chops inside to himself, never seen anything like it.

He's got football schizophrenia.

Not quite sure about him. For some reason I really like him, but his distribution is so poor. He also tends to pass the ball too late and invite pressure on his team mates. But he's young. 

Safe to say for £ 3 million he was an absolute steal 

• Like 1

Said it before but i like what he brings in heading ability but with his feet he absolutely petrifies me. He either plays a good ball forward to Grealish / Targett or does something totally daft like gets caught in possession or plays one of the oppositions guys in. Very unreliable on the ground but great in the air! What do you do? Drop him & we are weaker, especially against a team like say Burnley who have big lumps threatening, or play him and risk a silly error which costs a goal? I really dunno where i stand with him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not quite sure about him. For some reason I really like him, but his distribution is so poor. He also tends to pass the ball too late and invite pressure on his team mates. But he's young. 

Agree, but I think it will improve.

At the moment there is normally a good ball on as long as he picks it up and passes it within a second of getting the ball. Once the other team close that space he’s left with the option of going back to Mings or lofting it forwards so he holds on (and holds on) waiting for an opening and ends up doing none of these.

Once our movement improves in terms of showing for the ball as well as him getting more confident at playing that early ball I reckon he will look a lot better.

• Like 1

Based on Tuesday night's game I'd struggle to say which of the three was the £3m player, which the £12m, and which the £25m. All three looked impressive but then had wobbles with distribution and playing it out from the back. I think it's a good back three and Dean's right to make Engels wait his turn. 

• Like 4

Gets slated for his distribution, but then has most of the crowd screaming "FORWARD!!" whenever he plays a simple sideways pass for Mings or Konsa to play it out from the back. Poor guy can't win. Epic last ditch slide tackle to stop a 3-on-2 Watford break in injury time, then the flick-on for the winner moments later. There's your "six-point" game right there. Great stuff, Kortney!

• Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Gets slated for his distribution, but then has most of the crowd screaming "FORWARD!!" whenever he plays a simple sideways pass for Mings or Konsa to play it out from the back. Poor guy can't win. Epic last ditch slide tackle to stop a 3-on-2 Watford break in injury time, then the flick-on for the winner moments later. There's your "six-point" game right there. Great stuff, Kortney!

That tackle was **** immense. He didn't look favourite for it, but there was no way he was losing it.

• Like 1

I really want this guy to work out well for us and him. I think he is fairly solid defensively especially in the air but also solid in a tackle. Not always convinced by his positioning but i think with Mings talking him through that will improve and hopefully with ball at his feet the coaching staff will be saying to him just pass it simple or hit channels and turn the opposition, thats all we need him to do. 

on the whole i just really like his attitude and effort, when he wasn't even making the squad early in the season he didn't moan just kept on working.  

• Like 2

On 23/01/2020 at 10:40, KenjiOgiwara said:

Safe to say for £ 3 million he was an absolute steal 

Yep, bargain really. Even starting these games would probably double his value in the market 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/hause-villa-resorted-dark-arts-fouling-reach-cup-final

Kortney Hause has revealed Aston Villa resorted to “the dirty side of the game” to help clinch their place in the Carabao Cup final.

Villa boss Dean Smith said his side were “very aggressive” in Tuesday night’s 2-1 semi-final second-leg win over Leicester at Villa Park that secured a 3-2 aggregate victory and a March 1 clash with Manchester City at Wembley.

Defender Hause, however, has expanded on Smith’s remark by confirming the plan was to foul Leicester’s players to break up any attacking momentum.

“I thought we showed them a bit too much respect at their place,” said Hause, referring to the 1-1 first-leg draw at the King Power Stadium.

“We didn’t want to show them any respect. We wanted to get up against them and I thought we did that quite well, restricted them from playing, especially in the first half. In the second half, the game became a little stretched out, but we also dealt with that well.

“The game plan was not to give them any respect and go up against them and foul them.”

Pressed on his “foul them” comment, Hause added: “Literally – to break up their play.

“It’s part of the game. It came from the manager, but also us as players as well. We’re old enough and experienced enough to recognise what we’ve got to do on the pitch.

“As soon as they looked like they were going to break through, bring them down, break up the play. It’s part of the game, and that’s what we did well.”

Hause feels it is a style of play Villa will have to execute in the final, particularly after being humiliated 6-1 by Manchester City earlier this month, and in their efforts to secure Premier League survival, starting with this Saturday’s relegation clash with Bournemouth.

“Being aggressive, getting in people’s faces, breaking up the play and, as bad as it sounds, fouling people is part of the game,” said Hause.

“That’s what you’ve got to do, the dirty side of the game sometimes, and against City, that’s what you’ve got to do because they’re a very good side.

“In terms of scrapping, work hard, you’ve got to do it in every game, whether it’s Bournemouth, Man City or Liverpool, whoever.

“Literally, you’ve got to do the basics in football, and the basics are working hard, fighting for each other and just giving your all.”

It is the back-to-basics approach that Hause feels has also played a part in Villa securing dramatic, late victories, with Trezeguet’s stoppage-time winner against the Foxes coming a week after Tyrone Mings’ deflected effort in the fifth minute of time added on beat Watford.

“We’re not in the greatest position at the moment in the league and in previous weeks performances haven’t been there so we’ve just gone back to basics really, and that’s hard work and having that belief that we can get something out of every game – and we have showed that,” said Hause.

“Again, it’s come from the manager, but it’s come from us players as well because we want to do well and kick on. Being at the bottom is not great for your mind or your mentality.

“We want to do well in our careers so it’s been about going back to basics and putting the groundwork in, and that’s working hard every day and upping the tempo in training which leads on to game day.

“We’ve got quality in our team to create chances and score goals. If we just do the basics, I’m sure everything else will come through and show.”

@TRO thought you would appreciate the comments/tactics.👍

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He’s too loose in possession, then he panics when closed down.

I’m not sure he’s improving much, his first one or two games were shaky and he kicked on from there but not sure there’s been much development since, maybe I’m being harsh.

We're conceding less chances on the left since he's been starting. 81 on left side conceded game weeks 1-16 and 27 conceded game weeks 17-24. 

Interesting. 2nd in the PL for clearances per game 6.6

3rd in PL for shots blocked. Mings is 1st

I'd say you're being harsh

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

Â