• Bolasie
    • Abraham
    • Elmohamady (Taylor 52)
    • Kodjia (Bolasie 82)
    • Whelan (Freakish 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/18 at 23:59

I'll post it anyway.

Well, what do we know.  We won.  We should have won against yet again another promotion rival. We're coming, league (and you know it). The picture below isn't aimed at any particular person or team but I feel this is the right time: we've been dealt with some pretty bad stuff over the years. Bad owners, bad managers and bad team selection and tactics.  We now have them fixed. Now is the time. Bring on the steamroll. 
giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c0aeeab4370714245

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

I definitely think Nyland could have done a lot better with the goal, it wasn't a howler but he could have done better.   He flapped a couple of times in the first half too.   

Abraham had a stinker.   The less said about the ref and linesman the better. 

Positives?  I'd have taken a point at the start, I'd have certainly taken 7 points from our last three away games.  I think the side adapted well to deal with West Brom when they were on top. We created a lot of chances even if we missed most of them and for all their menace I don't think West Brom  had too many clear cut chances.  If only games were decided on xG. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Points dropped, we should have been out of site, Tammy missed a number of clear cut chances. Kodjia came on as if it was a practice match, also affected us.

NYLAND did NOTHING wrong for the goal, he gets fairly criticised a lot but it is now as if it is a trend regardless of circumstance.

POSITIVES are we played probably the best team in the League and they will be grateful to have gotten a point at home - and by cheating too! El Ghazi a beast. This team is going places. UTV.

Mate watch it again. He has to do better. He is not completely to blame but you can’t say he didn’t nothing wrong.  He only has around 4-5 games in the first team so the trend will soon end. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nyland is fairly criticised some of the time, however it is now obvious some of you either have a vendetta against him or watched a totally different game, OR just letting frustration get to you. Watch the replays, he did nothing wrong!

I was going to say he had a very good game before handball and I've no reason to change that

• Like 3

Positive signs, again.

Putting the result aside for a moment, it’s great to watch Villa again. We hound, we press, we pass, we move and we score, almost at will at times. Thank the Lord we got rid of Bruce when we did because we wouldn’t be bemoaning a draw tonight if we hadn’t.

Onto the game, we were the better side and should have won. Our front 6 look organised, hungry and dangerous. Abraham had an off day and his finishing/hold up play are the reasons he isn’t a premier league player yet. Love his attitude though and he’ll score bags more this season. Unfortunately, we have the worst player in the football league playing in goal for us and he’s yet again cost us as he will continue to do so in almost every game he plays between now and January.

Albion are supposed to be the best team in the league and they had to cheat to draw against us. 

UTV

• Like 1

Sack the incompetent words removed who missed the most blatant DOUBLE handball ever.

Saying it was our fault because Abraham SHOULD have scored is crap. We were CHEATED. Not surprised though, Jealous Guys Olbiyun will do anything not to lose to Villa.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tammy blew the win, but Kodjia is completely lost. A nothing player nowadays. Hurts us more than benefits. Never play him again.

We didn't really deserve to win, even if we had the chances to do so. It wasn't one of our better matches, which is why I only gave Smith an "average" for his performance. We stood back and were on our back heel too much.

I don't blame Rodrigues, he did what a winner does to win: anything. Sometimes you need to be ruthless, and beyond. Not pretty, but effective.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dick said:

In order of costing us the game

Hutton

Nyland

The ref

I'd say Abraham cost us the game more than any of those 3!

But its easy to blame Nyland I suppose, since its the fashionable thing to do. a) he was fouled b) it was a triple handball c) the cross was whipped backwards with pace moving away from the goal where it was 5 yards away from his goal, he came to collect it but was fouled/cheated

As for Hutton, I thought he was superb tonight, our best defender.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Tammy blew the win, but Kodjia is completely lost. A nothing player nowadays. Hurts us more than benefits. Never play him again.

We didn't really deserve to win, even if we had the chances to do so. It wasn't one of our better matches, which is why I only gave Smith an "average" for his performance. We stood back and were on our back heel too much.

I don't blame Rodrigues, he did what a winner does to win: anything. Sometimes you need to be ruthless, and beyond. Not pretty, but effective.

Don’t agree with a lot of that but you’re right about Kodjia. He was embarrassing when he came on tonight and Smith will be livid.

Shouldnt play for us again with that attitude. Lots of players ahead of him now anyway.

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Agreed, played a big part in losing possession and inviting pressure onto us for me.

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Ask yourselves this: would Fergie, the most successful manager in a generation who has proved irreplaceable, even once have blamed his team if they had lost due to shite match officials? No, he would not. 

Pay me £5m a year like Fergie got and I'll happily say it was the referee's fault, but as a casual observer on the internet I'm going to also state that Nyland should have claimed that ball. 

Â