• Bolasie
    • Abraham
    • Elmohamady (Taylor 52)
    • Kodjia (Bolasie 82)
    • Whelan (Freakish 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/18 at 23:59

9 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Funny thing is he was totaly embarassed by it 

You think privately he is ? He is celebrating like the rest of their fans about screwing us out of two points. He has no option but to tell the trust as he would look like a liar and a cheat

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I might be mis observing, but I'm fairly sure abraham scores when he doesn't have time to think about it, literally as soon as he has a split second to think about it he usually misses.

You’re right. He is better on instinct which suggests it’s an area of his game he can work on?. We can’t forget he is only 21. He can only get better.  

What a total miscarage of justice.

I didn't realise we have started adopting Super League rules into football now too, That was a wonderful 'Try' by Rodriguez. 👏👏

...and for a linesman with a clear as day view stands there dumbfounded.

Cheating c****!

7 hours ago, Junxs said:

Whereas Abraham has 5 good chances - 2 clear cut. Scores just one of those and we win the game.

Strikers missing an absolute sitter is just as bad as a goalkeeping mistake leading to a goal, not that I thought it was a mistake by Nyland.

We'd have win if the mistakes didn't happen and if Abraham scored, so we are both right. 👍

Yeah this one has left such a bad taste with me. Just woke up and the first thing my brain goes to is this BS. Its taken the glory out my morning glory. Cant remember the last time we've been so cheated, probably Vidic in the league cup final. Whelan is the curse too, he was braught on against Forest too and we didnt see that out either. Fully expecting every one else to get wins today too. Fuming

• Like 1

Rodriguez didn’t cheat. It was ball to hand and he admitted it afterwards.

If blame is to be issued then blame Kodjia for not stopping the cross and Nyland not clearing it.

Blame the linesman for not seeing it when the ref’s view was obscured.

You could also attach blame to T.A for missing one guilt edge chance not being able to sort his feet out which would have put the game to bed anyway.

Yes it’s hard to take losing two points due to bad officialdom but most would have taken a point before the game started and most would have taken the points so far in a very tough run of fixtures.

I expect Villa will turn over Stoke in the next game so this will be forgotten and luck usually evens itself out by the end of season anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

Rodriguez didn’t cheat. It was ball to hand and he admitted it afterwards

the first 2 I will give you ball to hand but as those 2 hand balls pushed the ball wide how you can say the 3rd that diverted it towards goal is not deliberate!!? 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Again, I agree with you on the other points - but Rodriguez gets away with three different things here.

Firstly it's a foul on the keeper, the keeper has his hands on the ball and Rodriguez barges into him and fouls him. Now I can understand how the officials don't give that one for a couple of different reasons; firstly it's in a mess of bodies and isn't the easiest to see from behind play and secondly because our keeper's lack of aggression makes it difficult for him to pick up fouls other keepers would because he never looks like he has the confidence to be in control to start with, even when he's got the ball in his hands.

Secondly, he knocks the ball away from the keeper with his hand, it's his hand that makes contact with the ball and knocks it out of Nyland's grasp. This is the one where you might get a ball to hand claim - he wasn't trying to knock the ball clear with his hand, he was just trying to foul the keeper in the hope he could get him to drop it. 

Thirdly, when the ball is on the ground and he's on the ground, he thinks it's going wide or losing momentum or both and steers it into the goal with his right hand - that's a clear and obvious deliberate handball - the linesman should be spotting that. The referee should really be spotting that. It's poor from the officials.

Ultimately it's one incident in a whole lot of incidents in a really good game between two really good sides - the result could have been decided in a whole host of other ways and we've missed opportunities to take that incident out of the picture - what's frustrating is that when you miss chances, or when your opposition beat you with good play, you can accept it, it's your own responsibility and your own failing - we could and should have scored more - Abraham will be frustrated, but for the team the frustration will be that responsibility for the final result was taken out of their hands by the officials.

I think that's a shame given that I thought it was a really good game, one where Albion were dangerous throughout and dominant for a period after half time but one we probably deserved on the balance of play. I'm not massively upset by the result, I'm thoroughly enjoying watching us play and I think the season promises a whole lot. You never know, maybe the magical lie about these things balancing themselves out will come true for us. I think this season, if we can keep players fit, we might be good enough for it not to matter.

• Like 4

OBE assessment is right.  The first may have been ball to hand, but while he’s on the ground his right hand moves to steer and speed it home.  Not shocked a cheater would lie about it.  Hand of God ring any bells.  

Deliberate cheat.  Haven’t seen the video since the match, but it was clearly deliberate.    AR missed it. Cheaters lie. 

There is no doubt he intentionally steers the ball hime with his hand/ arm. He knows what he’s doing and the linesman has to see it! What else is he looking at?

On the positive side Tuanzebe is a class above, so comfortable on the ball and assured in defense. Whatever DS is doing in training with his is working. The partnership with Chester is premier league standard.

I don’t know what McGinn eats but it must contain rocket fuel, he never stops for 90mins. Jack is thriving in this system and ElGhazi is starting to look a real player. 

How can this be the same team that looked so terrible under SB? 

I wont go into the negatives but Abraham needs to put at least one of those chances away and Hutton has the positional sense of a duck in a hurricane. 

All in all, we were the better team and should have 3 points. If we keep playing like that the top 2 is still a possibility. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

OBE assessment is right.  The first may have been ball to hand, but while he’s on the ground his right hand moves to steer and speed it home.  Not shocked a cheater would lie about it.  Hand of God ring any bells.  

Deliberate cheat.  Haven’t seen the video since the match, but it was clearly deliberate.    AR missed it. Cheaters lie. 

Honestly not sure it was anything other than the ball hit his hand then hit his hand again as he landed. The linesman had a clear view but from that angle i'm not sure he could actually see what happened. It is only the views from behind the goal that actually make it clear that the ball changed direction after hitting his arm the final time, From the side it just looks like the ball somehow coming through a pile of people and ending up in the net. The only real giveaway for the the officials was the instant reaction from our players & Rodriguez which should maybe have been enough to put some serious doubt in their minds. Still blame Nyland more than anyone else as it was his ball to claim and he decided he would just wait for it and hope it landed in his hands

• Like 1

Joke of a decision robbed us of 2 points. Felt the last ten mins was a bit Bruce esque though - didn’t look like we were going to close it out. Nyland should have dealt with the cross before Rodriguez got the chance to palm it in though.

We look more solid with Elmo at RB. El Ghazi looked good again. Tammy had an off night - it happens to young strikers, sure he’ll be back at it next week.

All very frustrating. Hope QPR et al can do us a favour today.

7 hours ago, romavillan said:

Can't agree with that, take that out of our game and we don't get the space to do the other stuff we do so well.

I was gutted it wasn't a win but the difference I think we need to keep in focus is that we played probably a bit below the levels we've seen in a few games so far, played a 90% prem team off their own pitch, should have scored a couple more, hit the post AND got robbed blind by incompetent officials and STILL should have won no problems. With the last manager when we won we played toilet mostly (especially this season) and you could see it was not a sustainable way to gather points to go up. Now on the other hand when we drop points it's when we've played well enough to win the game, showing that the next time out with better luck we'll get 3 points. 

Have to be happy with that surely?

I just think we had to work harder for our goals than they did for theirs.....but yes, I agree a tad below our normal stuff.

happy....of course Derby, Boro & Albion away ...7 points.

but it still feels like a defeat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, striker said:

If blame is to be issued then blame Kodjia for not stopping the cross and Nyland not clearing it.

Blame the linesman for not seeing it when the ref’s view was obscured.

You could also attach blame to T.A for missing one guilt edge chance not being able to sort his feet out which would have put the game to bed anyway.

Yes it’s hard to take losing two points due to bad officialdom but most would have taken a point before the game started and most would have taken the points so far in a very tough run of fixtures.

I expect Villa will turn over Stoke in the next game so this will be forgotten and luck usually evens itself out by the end of season anyway.

I couldn't see properly on the TV , but it looked like Taylor should have tracked back and picked up Gayle.

Gayle looked to me to have being afforded too much space, for us to have not recorded an error or misjudgment.

add that to Kodjia's failure to track for the second.....and we do need to defend better at times.

Hoping a few additions in Jan might help.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â