• Bolasie
    • Abraham
    • Elmohamady (Taylor 52)
    • Kodjia (Bolasie 82)
    • Whelan (Freakish 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/18 at 23:59

We went away from home to supposedly one of the top two teams in the league and beat them. 

And we Could have played much better.. 

We were cheated.. We are paying really well and its all going in the right direction. 

We aren't doing too bad from this run of 'really hard' games, are we? 

Give Smith a January window to sort out our obvious problems and then see him go.. 

If he can get us this strong without changing any players, imagine what he can do when we have a solid defence. 

Is all positive, up the villa! 

Edited by richp999
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Robbed but I will take an away point at one of the three strongest squads in the league.

It was an ok result, but we really need to win these to make up for the rotten start. 

• Like 2

That performance deserved 3 points.  Unfortunately you don't always get what you deserve.  I probably would have settled for a point before the match started but poor finishing from Tammy and mistakes from Hutton and Nyland cost us big time.

We are light years away from Bruceball though in such a short time. Keep this up and we'll be too much for most teams in this division.

• Like 2

Dean Smith (and his staff) is putting the pieces together. It may take some time to get it all right, but as long as we're moving in the right direction I'm enjoying the ride. I'm relieved that the people in charge see that our momentum over the next few years is all about building a coherent confident playing style which is enjoyable to play and to watch and not about star players or short term goals. 

On the whole a very solid game by us. Bring on the next one.

• Like 4

Just now, villa4europe said:

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, stadium, grass and outdoor

how can he not see it

I think he's too busy looking at Nyland and thinking to himself "Holy cow is this guy made of wet paper or something my grandmother has.......oh oh oh a goal oops didnt see it" :P

The annoying thing for me despite minutes to go, I said to the Mrs it'll be a draw this.

Despite us playing the better football, christ, we make hard work of it.....we seem to allow players to just crash in to us and get purchase on the ball, its so predictable at times.

We should have blown them away, if we had enough players anywhere near their normal game.

I didn't see any of our players getting the space afforded to them that Harvey Barnes got.

We have some really gifted players and others that are questionable....The keeper should be no where near our first team.

How Gayle got the space he got for their goal....Words fail me.

I really didn't see what they did to get 2 goals....too many soft ones against.

Edited by TRO

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Need to up our Chance/goal ratio.

If we took one more chance we would have won.

Made enough chances to win a couple of games, robbed by the woodwork and the ref without even mentioning the missed chances...

We're going to hammer someone very soon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

To be fair their team was full of absolute units compared to us, we still outplayed them though and clearly shoudl have got the 3 points.

On paper they should have won at home quite comfortably with the Prem squad of theirs. We were the better team by miles.

Nyland had a flap at a corner but was otherwise ok, he's not exactly a world beater but our problems were elsewhere tonight.

You are right....but our better play should have been meant to count.

We over played at times and a bit more directness, would bring dividends......Albion were far less inventive than us but their direct style got them a draw....we have to be able to negate this, we struggled against blues in the first 35 minutes, in the same manner....they were just more clinical.

I am not disappointed with a draw in itself.....just disappointed in a draw having watched the game.

Â