• Bolasie
    • Abraham
    • Elmohamady (Taylor 52)
    • Kodjia (Bolasie 82)
    • Whelan (Freakish 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/18 at 23:59

There was a horrible sense of inevitability about the equaliser.

When I look at the game as a whole though I see more positives than negatives and it is clear our attacking play (and infact control of the ball) is vastly improved compared to earlier in the season.

Let's push on now and win our home games coming up.

UTV.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

this league doesn't have VAR.  But the league can do things retroactively.  Can they fine the player?  Suspend him? subtract points? suspend the referree?  the AR?  Can they enforce any rule at all, other than FFP of course?

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

There was a horrible sense of inevitability about the equaliser.

When I look at the game as a whole though I see more positives than negatives and it is clear our attacking play (and infact control of the ball) is vastly improved compared to where we at the start of the season.

Let's push on now and win our home games coming up.

UTV.

That is the bit above all else for me, that has me ****** off.

We still have a problem with this type of comeback.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Here we go people. Just to compound the incompetence:

I noticed it too per FIFA LOTG.  on a throw in, if the ball touches the ground before it enters the field of play, it shall be retaken.

1 minute ago, fifamad said:

What cost us the win was Abraham’s appalling finishing.

I agree that its more about the missed chances than pinning the blame on the goalkeeper. Theres always a chance of a late goal if you don't put the game to bed. Abraham had a off-night, but that happens. But even so its all down to a mistake by the officials. I was happy with the performance. We are heading in the right direction under Smith. We are playing the right brand of football rather than what we did under the previous manager. 

• Like 3

Surely Kodjia could have done something to prevent the cross in the first place for the equaliser ? He was way out of position yet made no effort to get anywhere near the ball, pathetic.

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I agree that its more about the missed chances than pinning the blame on the goalkeeper. Theres always a chance of a late goal if you don't put the game to bed. Abraham had a off-night, but that happens. But even so its all down to a mistake by the officials. I was happy with the performance. We are heading in the right direction under Smith. We are playing the right brand of football rather than what we did under the previous manager. 

of course the overall is good.....much better.

We have to remember its harder to score a goal than defend one.

We are conceding when not much effort or skill is required, just brawn......that needs to stop.

Their first, we had gone on our holidays.....The second was just a battering ram coming in.

considering what a good reputation they have those goals were gift wrapped for XMAS......Most of the game they were second best, we was the architect or our own demise....with a big help from the ref, who was incompetent at best.

but hey ho.

Edited by TRO

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, stadium, grass and outdoor

how can he not see it

Well, he can see the hand, and he can see the ball, but that doesn't mean he sees the handball.  He would have to see the hand make contact to call the foul, and I'm prepared to accept he didn't.   Perhaps if the direction  the ball took had changed more dramatically after the hand contact it would have been more obvious.

It's gutting, but I'm not convinced it's incompetence, and it's clearly not inattention.

We have to write it off and move on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peterms said:

Well, he can see the hand, and he can see the ball, but that doesn't mean he sees the handball.  He would have to see the hand make contact to call the foul, and I'm prepared to accept he didn't.   Perhaps if the direction  the ball took had changed more dramatically after the hand contact it would have been more obvious.

It's gutting, but I'm not convinced it's incompetence, and it's clearly not inattention.

We have to write it off and move on.

I’m sure I remember them having a third linesman behind the goal for just this situation a couple of years ago. Shame that didn’t carry on then as he would have seen change of direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Yup, they've got to see through masses of bodies.

I'm fuming, but it's often an impossible job. If we want refs to be more accurate, we need to give them the tools to do their job.

At the  same time it's our own fault we don't win today. As bad as the ref were, we set our chances today we win the game. Not clinical enough

How amazing that we can now be saying we are gutted to be drawing away to the promotion favourites, having not been at our best yet still being the better team and being completely robbed. We have come so, so far under Dean Smith and the fact that we’ve had such a hard run and can still be disappointed with this (ref cock up) and a draw against Forrest where we had 26 shots to there 5 (on target) speaks volumes. Keep it up Deano and Make sure you pop them scoring boots on again next week Tammy. UTV!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dick said:

Hutton all over the place for the first goal, Nyland the same for the second and then the ref just hands them a goal. Without those errors we win the game.

Whereas Abraham has 5 good chances - 2 clear cut. Scores just one of those and we win the game.

Strikers missing an absolute sitter is just as bad as a goalkeeping mistake leading to a goal, not that I thought it was a mistake by Nyland.

Anyone else noticed it was this idiot of a referee Darren England who gave Reading a very debatable penalty in stoppage time earlier in the season  Thats four points he has robbed us of   I give you the new Phil Dowd 

7 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

this league doesn't have VAR.  But the league can do things retroactively.  Can they fine the player?  Suspend him? subtract points? suspend the referree?  the AR?  Can they enforce any rule at all, other than FFP of course?

It can't afford VAR. They can but will and do choose not to. Let's hope the swings and roundabouts rule applies and we will be gifted a winner by officials to compensate us for this one before the end of the season.

Â